*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1847344-Her-Lone-Wolf
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #1847344
she's a journalist, he's a wolf..its going to get heated under the moon
(Her Lone Wolf)
The moon shined through the trees. The moon, his enemy, yet strangely his only companion over the very long years, was always in the back of his mind. He had had friends, he had family, and he’d had had women, but the moon never left him. He had a date with the moon every month. Yes, the moon was his only true companion. He closed his eyes and waited for what he knew would come the moment the moon’s pearly light would finally grace his tanned skin. He could already feel the familiar tingle. The hair all over his body stood on end when the blue-ish light caressed his flesh. It was beginning. He closed his eyes as his body’s bones began to shift. The pain flooded his every thought, his every muscle, and his every bone. The pain is as if he is constantly being crumbled up; crushed into a tight ball, just to be un-crumbled for the process to start again. He screamed against the agony of his bones shifting and elongating. Thousands of hairs sprouted all over his already bare body, the feeling of a thousand needles ripping through his skin. He collapsed into a ball on the ground. His body (spasm) jerked with the pain. His back arched almost in half.
“arrrrrrggggggh!”
His teeth grew longer and sharper. They cut into his bottom lip. His eyes turned yellowed-green at the taste of his own blood. The blood excited him, excited his senses. He had gone far out into the woods. He knew he wouldn’t be able to control himself. The sounds outside became sharper, as his breathing became slower with his deepened hunger. His last thought before his inner beast took over was only he hoped no one got hurt this time. Then with one finally scream a giant black beast of a wolf jumped into the woods to hunt under the moon’s night.
Emily (jasmine,) Garrett wiped the drop of sweat away from her lip. It was a really hot day out for it being the end of September. Her Boss had sent her out to the middle of the woods to do a story on a wild wolf that was reported being seen. She didn’t understand why it was such an exciting story to even be interested in looking into even if it was Indiana. More and more wolves were being spotted here and it was only one wolf not a pack. If anything that is what they should have been interested in the reason why it was only one wolf and not the entire pack. Most wolves traveled in packs. She had been told that this wolf was huge and black. A hunter was sleeping in tent waiting for the morning so he could shoot some squirrels or something she didn’t know or care, and he was awoken by screaming when he got out of his tent he thought he saw a bear until it snarled at him. The poor man’s knees shook and he had a distinct wet spot on the front of his khaki shorts by the end of telling her his story.
So now she was wondering around the woods alone looking for clues on this giant wolf. She really needed to find a better journalist job one that wouldn’t send her on wild goose chases. Ha! Goose! She chuckled at her own brilliant wit. She took her blue jacket off and tied it around her waist. The heat was really starting to get to her. Emily walked through some bushes into an open clearing. The clearing was full of bright blue flowers. It was so beautiful she loved it. Pulling out her camera, Emily shot a couple pictures of the clearing the got down close to take close up pictures of the flowers. When she was crouched and focused on one particular blue bloom, something in her peripheral vison made her glance up. A bare arm was poking through the green and blue scenery. Gasping she stood and ran over to see if there was more to the arm. It would be so lucky of her to find some kind of ripped off arm that maybe just maybe had some awful teeth marks on it. That would make her coming out here based on a drunken hunter’s word worth her time.
Unfortunately, the arm was attached to a body. A very naked body. A very naked male body. Her cheeks warmed as her gaze followed the arm up to his face. The arm belonged to a man with stark shaggy black hair. His eyes were closed but she bet they were amazing to look at because the rest of him was. He had a strong sharp jawline even in his slumber. His lips were full and tempting. He had a long straight nose fit for an aristocrat. She didn’t dare look below his face. Biting her bottom lip, Emily untied the jacket and rested it across his waist without looking. Now what the hell was she supposed to do? Crouching beside him she ignored the way her body responded to being so close to a naked man for the first time in what felt like forever. Emily nudged his shoulder gently with her palm loving the way his broad shoulder felt rock hard at rest. Her eyes lowered slightly to see that his chest was just as broad and wide as his shoulders and looked just as hard with abs rippled all the way down to just above the jacket she’d lain across his nakedness. He was splendid. And he did things to her poor body just at the slight of so much hard muscle that she had to chaste herself for the tingling in her belly. This man may truly be hurt and here she is thinking about how nice it would to taste every inch of his delicious body. Emily nudged the unconscious man a little rougher this time.
“Hello? Sir?”
She didn’t even know if he was alive! And she had only been checking him out for at least 3 minutes. He could be dead! Emily leaned her head down so her ear came to his chest. The loud thud, thud, thud of his heart let her relax and feel less guilty for being less-than-concerned about his health. With a sigh Emily did the last and only thing she could think to do, she slapped him. Across his face. Not too hard but hard enough to hopefully wake him up. Light brown eyes popped open and before she could say anything, she was lying flat on the grass. Her head spun from the attack. She looked up into his face and gasped. His face held a sinister snarl. His lips were pulled back showing white teeth that looked oddly sharp.
The light brown eyes darkened to a deep brown almost black. His nostrils flared. She could feel his muscles flex on top of her as he held her hands down on each side of her face. Her heart beat fast with fear and adrenaline taking hold of her senses. A low growl came from his throat. Emily held her breath while she waited for what this strange man was going to do to her. Slowly his snarl receded and his mouth became a straight firm line. But that was the only thing about him that relaxed. Emily gradually became aware that he not only hadn’t gentled his grip on her, but that she could feel a hard object against her thigh through her jeans and she knew that it was not his keys. Despite her situation her heart raced faster for an entirely different reason than fear. He bent his head as if he was going to kiss her, instead he inhaled deeply. Then he was off of her, she sat up and immediately covered her eyes.
“Hey mister, can you cover your stuff, please?” She hadn’t gotten a good look and was way too tempted to uncover her eyes to get a better one. She heard a low dark chuckle come from the man.
“Are you descent?” Hopefully not so I can see some more of that sexy body.
“As descent as I am goin’ to be, Darlin’.”
Emily (anya) uncovered her eyes, but kept them closed. She felt a warm finger lift her chin. The warmth left her and she was sad to feel it go. She opened one eye at a time. Well he was right when he said he was as decent as he was going to get. He’d wrapped her blue jacket around his waist and it covered less than a towel covered, it most definitely didn’t keep her imagination from running in her mind. Her eyes roamed from his legs up. The man must have been a regular at the gym who did squats and everything because his legs looked powerful. His waist was trim and lean. Her jacket clung to his body like a second skin, so it showed every yummy curve of his ass. Emily’s gaze continued up to his well sculpted abs she had already discovered earlier when he’d had been in a deep slumber. She resisted the urge to bite down on her lower lip when she reached his wide chest sprinkled with light black hairs she hadn’t noticed in her first inspection. When her eyes finally reached his face, she had to stop herself from panting like a dog in heat. He was even more stunning fully awake. His features were sharper than when in his sleep. His full lips looked good enough to sample being turned up into a smirk. Black scruff from an overnight beard graced his strong jawline, black matching eyebrows arched with appreciation at her very thorough go-over. At long last she met his eyes; they were a lightly-warm-liquid-brown color, completely different from the eyes that had been staring at her before.
“Have you had your fill?”
His voice washed over her skin with rough husky tones. She felt her cheeks flare red as she realized she hadn’t even tried to keep her interest hidden when she obviously checked him out. And she didn’t even know his name. She refused to apologize for admiring his body.
Raising her chin, she asked, “What in the hell were you thinking being out here alone? Don’t you know there is a supposed giant wolf wondering the woods?” And naked at that! She had managed to stand up and take a step towards him in her heated questioning.
“I could simply ask you the same thing, Darlin’.” His previous smirk turned into small smile. God she liked the way he had a natural southern drawl.
“Well, I am out here because my idiotic boss believes I should investigate the story of the wild wolf, which you could have been attacked by in your sleep, who roams these woods.”
“Investigate? Are you a detective?” Emily could clearly hear the amusement in his charming voice.
“No, in fact I am Emily Garrett a journalist for a small magazine that does spoofs and true stories.” She sighed. She really did need to find a real job that she could put her talents to real use, instead of wasting them on a stupid magazine.
“You are not pleased with your job?” The look on his face was of somewhat surprise. He seemed to genuinely be confused about her mixed emotions of pride and shame over her job as a spoof journalist.
“I love to write but I wish it was a more serious lifestyle.” She replied shocked that she was just simply telling him about her life and he didn’t even have a pair of pants on. Suddenly, Emily felt like she should be strutting down the walk of shame and singing along to Pink while she did it.
“You didn’t answer my question. Why the hell were you out here…” Her words stumbled off as her mouth almost got away from her. She was about ready to ask him why the hell he was at here...
“Naked?” He said almost as if he had read her mind. She just nodded thankful that she hadn’t been the one to say it out loud.
“I live out here.” He said with a shrug as if that would take care of all the questions she had asked him. A frown pulled her pink lips into a thin line.
“What is your name?”
“You’re very curious about everything aren’t you? Maybe you should try asking me out to a coffee before I tell you about me.” He smoothly avoided her easy question. Her frown deepened and her dark brows crinkled over her blue eyes.
“Do you want to get a cup of coffee?” A tight smile replaced her frown.
“No. I am a bit busy right now maybe another time.” That pissed her off. The smile disappeared from her lips replaced by an even tighter frown. He chuckled deep in his throat and her anger almost, almost, dissipated from her at the rich sound. It tingled all the way through her body.
“Stop frowning so much, Kitten. My name is Graelen Reid.”
Graelen watched the brown haired woman next to him with mild amusement as they walked through the woods to reach his cabin. When he had first woken this morning with her face over his, his first thought was he’d finally died and gone to heaven. But that thought was fleeting as his wolf instincts took over. She had slapped him awake and his wolf did not appreciate the gesture. Graelen’s body had been very aware of her when he had attacked her onto the ground. He’d had to fight with his inner wolf not to take her right there among the blue Muleshoes. It was even sadder to admit he didn’t even want to fight his wolf about taking the woman. She was beautiful. She was the type of woman who didn’t know she was beautiful and most looked over simply because she didn’t know she was beautiful. Her hair was pulled back but he knew it had to be past her breasts because it almost reached her shoulders in a ponytail. His eyes lingered on her breasts. They were amazing. Graelen hoped they were as heavy as they looked. He just wanted to touch and taste them so badly. With a small growl under his breath, he tried to control his thoughts because his dick was getting hard and the little blue jacket she had lent for coverage did not hide his desire for her at all. He saw her glance at him, watched her eyes widen, then smelled her desire for him too. The smile on his must have looked predatory, because she looked away and hurried forward ahead of him. Not that he minded it gave him a good view of her ass in the tight fitted blue jeans. Mmhmm did her ass look good in those jeans. Her ass was wide and thick and he just wanted to give it a pat of love. He had to suppress a groan at the thought of spanking her hot ass in his big bed.
“You look pretty confident in where your goin’, Darlin’.” His voice came out gruffer than he had intended because of his extended arousal. She turned her head over her shoulder sighing as she stopped to wait for him to take the lead again. Her blue eyes avoided looking anywhere other than at his face and he smiled his most charming smile knowing she would look away.
“This way, Kitten, we’re getting close.” The look on her face told him she didn’t know how he knew that they were getting close. Graelen knew his cabin was far out into the woods. There wasn’t a real trail on how to get to his house. And most cars didn’t even know his personal road into the woods existed. The only people who knew were the people he wanted to know. Like it or not wolves could feel his authority over others and came to him for help. He hated when someone showed up at his door begging for his help because they sensed that he was an Alpha. Sometimes he would growl and send them on their way, but he couldn’t do that to every person who begged for his help. Graelen just didn’t have the heart to send desperate people away. It did irritate him when they came begging to join his pack. He usually sent them away at that or he let them stay until they could figure out their next move.
“My name isn’t Kitten.” She grumbled under her breath, he wouldn’t have been able to hear it if he didn’t have very acute hearing. He could see his cabin through the branches in the trees. They came around the corner and he heard her gasp behind him when she first caught a glimpse of the cabin.
“That is not a cabin!” Emily exclaimed, stopping to get the full view of his cabin.
Graelen looked between her and his cabin. It was a cabin, but it just had some minor additions. When he had first had it built it was just a simple little one bedroom cabin, but as the years had gone by and more wolves had come he’d had to build on to it. The cabin still had the original build on it as the front entrance. And that part of the house looked like a real log cabin. The rest of it was a bit modern. It stretched out behind the log cabin with log siding. He had made it a two story house three years ago for more of the extra company to sleep comfortably. And just last year he’d added what he thought was his favorite part aside from his bedroom, the Glass Room. The room had two whole walls made out of glass and it wasn’t cheap window glass either it was that hard glass that didn’t break when shot by bullets. He’d gotten that kind of glass because well if he was caught unaware of the moon or if he had a fit and couldn’t control himself or if someone he let stay got out of hand, it wouldn’t break. Plus, it was sound proof so no one would be disturbed by the unhuman sounds coming from in there. The Glass Room was his favorite because he could go in there and watch the moon at night.
“Sure it’s a cabin, Darlin’. It’s a modified cabin is all it is. Ain’t she pretty though?” He laughed, heading into the not-so-cabin-like cabin. Graelen heard Emily follow him into his home more than he saw her follow. He was beginning to become familiar to her particular foot fall and scent. Smirking he could almost bet her little mouth was open, a quick glance over his shoulder confirmed her mouth was agape with awe at his home.
“Your home is beautiful.” She said not really to him but in general. He just shrugged his thanks.
“You stay and make yourself at home, Kitten. Then maybe we can see about getting’ that coffee you so graciously invited me to.”
Emily rolled her eyes at the obnoxious male that just disappeared further into the cabin. She still didn’t feel like this house deserved to be called a cabin. It was more like a mansion designed to look like a cabin. When she thought cabin in the woods, she pictured a small little wood thing with four walls and maybe big enough for a good sized bedroom. This place was huge. It was two story and looked like it could have at least 10 bedrooms. At least the man had good taste. Of course this was her opinion based purely on his entry way. It was a simple man shack, decked out with warm browns and grays. There weren’t very little decorations outside a few landscape pictures of the moon and a forest.

It opened up into what looked like a small living room that had a two-seater deep brown couch with two modern designed gray lamps on either side of the couch. A flat screen TV was mounted on the wall in front of the couch and a deep cherry brown coffee table sat on top of a dark gray rug close enough for someone with long legs to prop their feet on. The room was very male. She liked it. It meant that he didn’t have any lady friends here to change it. Where did a thought like that come from? She didn’t have time to ponder because a tall lithe blonde came from the door Graelen had entered through.
The woman stopped short and sneered. Emily was taken aback by the woman’s sudden dislike in her. She had shoulder length blonde hair, big blue eyes, and definitely worked out on a regular basis. Emily fought not to look down at her own appearance which showed that she did not work out and had had one too many tacos from Taco Bell, considering she was a good 20 pounds overweight. Miss Blonde-Bombshell’s legs went on forever where her own legs were short and maybe got her to 5’3”.
“Ech, I knew someone new had followed him home from his night. I just didn’t expect it to be someone like you. I could smell you all the way from the back.” Bombshell looked at Emily like she was something dirty and she suddenly wanted to take a long hot shower.
“Hello, I’m Emily Garrett. I’m a journalist who is researching the reported wolf sightings in these woods. Have you seen anything?” Emily asked trying to be as polite as possible even after the other woman had been so rude. But Bombshell’s eyes just widened, and then she laughed hysterically. Emily didn’t think the woman was capable of laughing so hard or laughing at all for that matter.
“He obviously hasn’t bedded you, yet.” With that the Blonde Bombshell went out the front door. Emily was shocked. Did that tall blonde model material woman just insinuate that Graelen was going to try to sleep with me? He wouldn’t want someone like her when he has someone like that who is around and more than willing to spread her long long legs to wrap them around him. And if he did then he just probably slept with every woman who came into his path. Not that she would mind him being a one night stand, but the idea of her just being one more notch on his belt made her a little sad that she even wanted to sleep with him. So much for him not having any lady friends.
Graelen came back through the door. He gave her a sexy half smile that she was becoming used to from him. He was dressed in snug blue jeans that look worn and comfortable, but they still showed off his amazing body; and he wore a very tight black V-neck shirt. The shirt was so tight against his chest that she could see his abs through the black fabric. She fidgeted nervously, clamping her legs together as a very sensitive part of her started throbbing. Oh he was so sexy. She just wanted to rip those clothes off of him and lick every inch of his…
“Here’s your jacket.” She realized that he had been holding her jacket out to her with his sexy half smile for an extended amount of time.
“Sorry, I was just thinking…” Emily’s eyes widened slightly as she almost said she was thinking about doing it like bunny rabbits.
“Thinking what, Darlin’?” He smiled wider as if he knew what she was going to say and he was thinking the same thing.
“I was just thinking that this really strange girl came through here and left. I thought you lived alone?” He looked at her shrugged while putting the jacket on a coat hanger.
“I do live alone. You could say that I run an Inn for strays.” Graelen didn’t look directly at her when he spoke. She felt like he wasn’t saying everything he could have been saying.
“How about that coffee that was promised to me?” Emily shrugged and nodded her head.
“You want to have coffee now?”
“Of course, I also want to hear more ‘bout this wolf.”
She followed him through the door opposite of the living room entrance. This door revealed a small little kitchen with a stove, a sink, a fridge, and a small little island with two chairs. She watched Graelen as he moved swiftly and comfortably around his kitchen. Emily had to admire the way is ass moved under his jeans. He placed kettle full of water on the stove, turned the dial, and lit a match. Once the flame was going, he turned to her.
“So what has been going around the woods?”
“I’m a little surprised you don’t know.” At this he arched a black brow, Emily stammered through. “Th-there has been sightings of a giant black wolf roaming the woods through here. That’s why I’m surprised you don’t know. If you live out here how wouldn’t you notice something like a wolf the size of a bear roaming around.”
“You’re right I should have noticed somethin’ like that considerin I own most of the land in this forest.” Emily gaped. She knew he had to have a little money to live in a house like this but to own most of a big forest?
“How do you own most of the forest?”
“Well, my granddad roamed this forest then built himself a shack. It was left to me when he died and I built over the shack. Then because my father and I share a family business, I figured I should buy some of the land Granddad loved. I wanted more of the land but the state wouldn’t allow me to have access to certain parts due to wildlife reserves. Hunters have to send me a letter for permission before being allowed to hunt on these grounds. Again if anything out of the ordinary little wolf to the ordinary little bird was happening I would know about it.”
The kettle steamed as the water was ready to be poured. He set two cups with sugar and cream already had been put on the counter. “Cream? Sugar?”
“Only a little bit of sugar and no cream.” Graelen nodded, giving the desired amount requested then putting lots of both in his own cup.
“Soo, you’re kind of rich?” Emily asked taking a small sip of her coffee, while keeping her eyes away from his melted brown stare.
“I wouldn’t say I’m rich. I won’t deny I have money, but I wouldn’t abuse the word rich. Rich can mean more than just wealthy and I don’t quite have everything I desire.” His eyes grew to a dark liquid that for told a whole other meaning. Emily felt her cheeks gaining heat from his stare.
“Would you like a tour of the house?”

Chapter2
Graelen left the kitchen knowing that he had left her with the impression of he was going to take her to bed. And he wanted to but he had heard what Natasha had said, he strangely didn’t want her to think of him that way. It never had cared what other had thought and he had a sneaky suspicion on why he cared now. He wasn’t ready to comprehend the thought enough to let it completely form in his head, so he pushed it aside. But he knew when he had left her in the kitchen, knowing she would follow, that he had left a piece of him there. Her scent came up beside him. He glanced over and saw her little brown head by his shoulder. Graelen could smell her arousal. The metal images he had left her with were obviously not unappealing.
He led her through the door he had gone through earlier. The door opened up into a long and wide hallway with doors that led into separate rooms. There were three rooms on each side, at the end of the hallway there was a very large TV room. The room had to have had four couches with a small in-table next to each one, 3 recliner chairs, and 6 or more giant pillows on the floor. Graelen watched Emily stare into the room. He knew it was pretty odd to have so many things in one room, but he was proud of his home. He liked watching the football game in this room, because the TV took up most of the wall opposite of the couches. He heard a small intake of breathe.
“That has got to be the biggest thing I have ever seen!”
Graelen grinned and wrapped his arms around her waist. She stiffened slightly before relaxing enough to not hurt his feelings. He could hear her heart racing in her chest. His lips grazed her ear lobe.
“Oh, Kitten, that is not the biggest thing you’ll ever see.” He felt her shiver in his arms and his cock stirred in his jeans. His teeth nipped at her lobe and another shiver went through her body. Grinding his hips into her backside, he moved his palms over her breasts. He didn’t hold them. He didn’t want to ruin that torture for himself. Emily’s breathing stopped.
As suddenly as he started, he stopped. She didn’t immediately begin to breathe again. He smiled and felt his animalistic pride swell because he had done that to her.
“It has to be big. I have a lot of people livin’ here. And this is their sitting room to watch whatever they please.”
“You do have people that live with you?” She asked looking as if she completely forgotten about the large room and the more pleasant things.
“Well, they live mostly just temporarily. Very few have been here more than a year. Most who stay here are only here for a few months.”
“Why do you have people living with you?”
Graelen sighed. He should have known questions would be coming. She was a journalist after all. “They are people who have come to me in a time of need for help and I have decided that instead of leaving them to their own devices that I would take responsibility to care for ‘em.” He watched her eyes widen.
“You let complete strangers live in your house?!” At this Graelen chuckled, she didn’t understand. Of course she didn’t know that as a born Alpha it was his duty to take care of the lesser wolves even if he didn’t want to do it, even if he would never take the role of Alpha in any pack. He still felt the compelling urge to support these people. He also had to admit that he considered a great deal of them his people.
“Yes, I did. I know enough about them to know who the trouble makers are and who are not. I have had my people run background checks on each and every person. And even if I never did any of that they all know better to cross someone of my stature.”


(((to be continued... this is just the beginning but I am put it out there now to maybe help my mind grow)))
© Copyright 2012 candace (cancankyky9697 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1847344-Her-Lone-Wolf