*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1853329-Avian-Alina-Ch1
by NyaniJ
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1853329
This is chapter one
Chapter One:
Main character's point of view
---------------------
My eyelids fluttered as I slept, dreaming of my usual dream. It started the same way it always started, and I watched, knowing and not knowing what would happen at the same time.

I saw a little girl run up stairs to open the door. She seemed so familiar, I felt as though I could hear everything she was thinking, and it wasn’t good.

Please be open! She thought, crying to herself.

I knew the door was locked, but I couldn’t do anything about it. It was like I was watching the whole thing from the sidelines. Desperately, she tried and tried, and when she finally realized it wasn’t going to open, she fell to her knees.

She locked it! She locked it!

There was a boom, a high scream, and a thump.….
She gasped, and then suddenly stood up clutching a strangely familiar pendant in her hands.

Mommy…Daddy….

She frantically searched the basement, until she pushed back an old-fashioned chest in the corner to reveal….A tunnel???
There was a tunnel, right in the corner, just big enough for her size, but too small for anyone bigger.

Mommy said to go through here and run as fast as I can.

An unknown, dark figure blew through the door with immense force. The girl glanced behind herself, spotted the figure, and quickly scrambled into the tunnel. She was literally hyperventilating as she ran, and as a result of not being able to see anything through the thick blackness of the tunnel, she kept tripping over invisible rocks, and slamming into unseen walls.

Mr. Sinister turned back around and headed out the basement. Even though I couldn’t see his face, somehow I know he’s smirking. He has something planned…..

Light…I see light…

The moonlight revealed a muddy, dirt-covered girl with drips of blood running down her cheeks as she stepped out of the tunnel.
She thinks she is safe, but she is not.
I can feel it.

I’m going to make it, I’ll get away. We will all be-

"Safe? Ha! Sorry kid, I don’t think so.’" The gloomy figure chuckled, yanking her by the hair.


A high pitch sound screeched through my ears.
I cried out in fear and instinctively clutched the pendant around my neck.
It was the dream again. Why do I always have that dreadful dream? It didn't start until a few months ago..now it plagues me almost every single night. The damned beep woke me up before it could go any further. .....Where is that stupid beeping coming from anyway?

"Duh!"


It’s just my watch.
I switched it off and sighed.

"What does it mean?" I ask myself.


I’ve never seen those people before in my life, yet they keep popping up in my mind, how does it make any sense? It doesn’t, not at all. I let myself wonder, until made a very important realization. I leaned up from the tree I fell asleep against.
Did my watch just go off!?! Did it? I think it did……..
OH CRAP!
MY WATCH WENT OFF!

I instantly jumped up and took off. I'm such an idiot! Running through the trees and bushes with my long, ridiculously wavy brownish black hair trailing behind me, I headed towards the city streets, and then I went down to the bus stop to see…. the damned bus  leaving! No!

"HEY! NO! YOU CAN’T LEAVE YET! WAIT! STOP!" I yelled at the city bus as it went down the street, leaving me in a cloud of black exhaust.


Coughing, I sat down on the bus-stop bench and pouted. I wanted angrily scream at the sky, saying

"DAMN YOU BUS! WHY COULDN’T YOU WAIT!?!?! YOU’RE MAKING THINGS HARD FOR ME!!!!!!!"


But of course I didn’t, because that would attract too much attention, which would be bad.
I would have loved to though, really really have loved to. I glanced around, and saw a few cars zoom by, but that was about it.
In a few hours I need to be out of here.

Ugh! I hear footsteps coming this way.
I looked down as a young couple walked past me, laughing with glee and looking deep within each other’s eyes.
For an instance I felt a bit jealous, any normal boy who looked into my eyes would call me a freak. Then he would run away, leaving me alone and hurt. I couldn’t let them see my eyes.

I hate it.

Most people don’t notice at first, which is a nice advantage, and since it is the city nobody will bother to look at me that closely anyway.
People are too much of in a rush.

Who would care to look at me?
I’m just a teenager.
I sighed.

What am I going to do?
© Copyright 2012 NyaniJ (nyanij at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1853329-Avian-Alina-Ch1