*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1855904-When-i-Died
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1855904
ever wondered what happens after death....well i did
So they were the last moments of my life and I was about to enter my afterlife. Pain and Anguish was around. My mom was looking at me. Thick, red blood flowed and was making tiny rivers. I was sure in was mine. I didn’t know the reason why I was dying, but trying to know that was too irrelevant as I had bid farewell. “Bye mom” said I in a whisper and everything was over. The very next moment I found myself in a dark one of silence where my soul was battling for endless freedom and my heart begging for some more moments to live. When the battle was over and my soul won I realized I was floating in the lithosphere. I felt divine, I was divine. I gazed at the earth. I looked around. If I were human my heart must have quickened because of infinite darkness, but I had no heart! Suddenly some thoughts conquered my mind and they were not mine. They made me realize that now I was free to go anywhere in the earth, do anything I wanted because now I was a ghost. Though I was dead, my curious nature was still alive. So to answer the last question of my life, that is how I breathed my last breath, I went to my body. Lots and lots of uninhibited crying were going on there. As expected! I said and went to comfort my mom. Since now I was a weightless spirit, I sat on her lap and  kissed her, but as soon as I tried to kiss her cheek my soul went inside her body!
“Ooh!” My mom, I mean, I said.” What?” my dad asked and this was the first time I saw him crying. “N-nothing!” I said to my dad. That wasn’t fair! I thought I was dead! Just 5 minutes of afterlife! I had to get out! The only way out- mom’s mouth! A whoosh again and I was out! Huh! I got it. No touching! I moved further. While moving around raking my brain what to do, I saw something floating like me. A fellow ghost! I went closer. I was a girl. I touched her. She immediately looked behind. She looked behind with her white eyes glaring at me.
“Strange eyeballs” I said. “Same to you” she replied. Wait a second. I knew her! “is that you….Alisha!” I said, wrinkling my transparent forehead. “Anahita?” she said. “You are dead?” I asked. “Uhh yes” was her reply. What an addition to heaven? I hope she goes to hell! “How did this happen?” was my third question. We died together. I was at your house and big slab of stone fell on our head. So SHE was the last person I met in my life. Why? Why on this earth?
“Well, so now what?” I said, thinking that she might have read some death encyclopedia. “do you think , I have read some death encyclopedia.” She said, yelling sarcastically. “No” I lied. We moved ahead. I was burning or to be more precise, my body was burning. “I didn’t want to die so early.” I said to Alisha. “Oh! Do you believe in god?” she asked. “When I was alive, yes” I replied. The burning of our bodies gave us a orange sheen in our white eyes.
The day was about to end with all its excitements. At least I had thought so. After a tour in Paris, New York n Japan (the things I wanted to do before I die but it was totally ironic), I and Alisha planned to scare our enemies. “Umm Anamika?” “No Arshis” “Sneha” “Arunarithi” and after all these arguments we settled upon going in different directions. 11 minutes to 12, outside Sneha’s house, time for payback. Lets settle scores Sneha. I entered her Bedroom. Not as a ghost as her neighbor. The clock struck 12. “I am the ghost of midnight horrors! I am going to eat you!” I howled and Sneha, yelled. Off I was smiling from his neighbor’s body leaving a comedy of errors. ”Revenge is sweet” I said not knowing my smile is going to vanish.
I was being pulled up, I saw Alisha being pulled up from a distance. Where we were now? Back into that mysterious lithosphere, this time with two companions, Alisha and a man without clothes.
“Where are clothes Anahita?” Alisha asked. “Where are yours “I asked her. “You both are dead! You don’t need clothes.” The man said calmly. He was not speaking in English or any other language I knew but I was able to understand him. “Follow me” he said. We followed him as we had no other choice. I could see a small hole of light in the darkness. We entered the hole leading to a world full of naked people and animals. “hey a man in clothes” Alisha shouted. “That isn’t a man. It’s a ball of light!” that’s god, you see God the way you imagined him in your life. “Hello a nice to meet you!” I said with all my etiquettes. “Anahita you need not say that, I know you more that you yourself. Come with me lets meet a girl called Anahita” God took me to a place where all the moments of life was going on………………like a videotape. That was embarrassing indeed. I could see every moment wrong or right. When the movie was over, without popcorn, this time, God asked me a question. : “Heaven or hell?” “What” I said. “Heaven or hell the decision is yours. You were the one who committed the crimes, you were the one who did the good deeds, not when its all over who am I to decide you should go to heaven or hell?” “God” I answered. “do you want a new toothbrush” he said. “what?” “Anahita you’re late for school. Do you need a new toothbrush?” a voice like mom asked. I was my bed not in heaven. I was all a dream or a nightmare. But I thought……………….is the decision between heaven and hell going to be mine?
© Copyright 2012 Deeksha (feedme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1855904-When-i-Died