*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1860181-The-flow-of-Blood-unfinished
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Detective · #1860181
17 year old Alex must rediscover her past in order to defeat the people who is hunting her
Prologue


It all began with blood.

Did you know that the average adult has five liters of blood coursing through their vessels, delivering essential elements, and removing harmful wastes?

Without blood, the human body would stop working.

Without me, Estonovia, my homeland, would fall into the wrong hands and it could stop working, Living.

The blood that courses through my veins is not that of an average human. It has, a trait that many would kill for and many would die without it.

And through this story, our history shall be made.

I hope I live long enough to see it.



Chapter One

“ Alex! Alex! Get up! We have to go to church!”

I roll over my bed, still half asleep. I open my eyes half way and see my Mom standing at the foot of my bed.

“Alex! I swear if you don’t get up this instant I will throw an ice bucket over your body!”

My mother just loves me so much she would go through all that trouble to find a bucket of ice.

Here in Phoenix, Arizona where the temperature during the summer is typically over 100 °F, throwing ice at me would be a relief.

“ALEX!”

I get up “All right already. Sheesh, Mom. Can I brush my teeth first or are you going to make me go to church looking like a zombie?” I don’t wait for an answer and began the walk to the bathroom across the hall.

“Sweetie, drop the attitude and just hurry will you? Also, bring a hand fan. The heat is a killer!

I nod. I had five hand fans in my drawer, waiting to be used as a mosquito swatter and to circulate very little oxygen in a crowded church.

© Copyright 2012 superclaireful (superclaireful at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1860181-The-flow-of-Blood-unfinished