*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1872163-Frog
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest · #1872163
Flash story based on picture of girl in garden with watering can and a frog.
“Oh no she’s brought the orange one with the flower, I told her last time bring the blue with the gold on it. I guess she isn’t very tall yet.”
“Ello fwog”
“Ello, I mean, hello Alice”
“I bought my favowrite watering can, it has a flower, deh!” She swung the can round with such force it clonked the frog on the head. He swooned like a fluffy princess, he saw the brief sky smile as his dank froggy skin hit the earth and his world went blank.
“Aww poor froggy” Alice picked him up gently cradling him in her small hands and went running in.
“Maman Maman, regarde la” her mother viewed the slightly splayed frog on her kitchen table. “Tres bon, ma petite.” There was a dull thud of metal just before the next pair of green legs slid in to the boiling pot. “Sometimes,” the fading mind of the frog mused, “you just cant tell who your friends are…”
© Copyright 2012 Finn O'Flaherty (fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1872163-Frog