*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1879613-Flying-The-Skies-On-A-Swing-With-Mommy
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1879613
A little girl's mother dies and she gets to see her one last time.
Nikki's mother had died a week ago and she was living with her mother's brother Uncle Galen and his wife Felicia. Galen and Felicia were nice to her but she missed her mother.. Nine years old was too young for a girl to lose her mother. She sat in the swing with her long brown hair blowing in the wind. She loved swinging in the swing but nothing would heal her broken heart.

"Oh, Mommy, why did you leave? I love you. You didn't even say good bye. I miss you. Uncle Galen and Aunt Felicia are nice but it is you I should be with. My father died shortly after I was born and now you. I want to go be with you." Nikki cried. She seemed to do a lot of that lately.

"Don't cry, Nikki. It's Mommy."

Nikki looked up and saw her mother Iris standing before her. Her mother had on a long white dress and her blonde hair made her a beautiful angel.

"Mommy!" Nikki rain into her mother's arms.

"Hello baby. I am here to see you one last time. I love you, too and I wanted you to know I will always love you. How would you like to swing in the sky on your swing?"

"What? I could do that? Oh Mommy! I love you and miss you!"

Ivy kissed her daughter's forehead. "Okay, baby girl. Get back on the swing.Don't be afraid. Hang on tight."

Nikki got back on the swing and the swing was high in the sky. She was swinging in the sky and the swing wasn't attached to a tree.

Nikki squealed. "This is fun! I love this! Oh, look Mommy! I can see the Statue Of Liberty! Look there's Central Park!"

"I know, Sweetie. Remember when I took you to see the Statue Of Liberty and the day we went to Central Park?"

"That was fun, Mommy. Oh, look there's the zoo we went to."

"You got to feed the giraffe and pet a camel."

"The giraffe's tongue tickled my hand, Mommy."

"I know. Remember the tiger that ran after the glass and batted at you when you looked at him?"

"He was beautiful. All those orange and black stripes. I think he was playing. Mommy! Look! We are swinging over England. There's the castle. Remember when we saw Princess Kate and Prince William riding in the car after their Wedding and the Princess grabbed my hand when they drove by going slow and gave me a flower?"

"Yes, I remember Darling. Princess Kate said you looked pretty."

"She is a beautiful, real Princess. I want to be a beautiful Princess, too."

"You already are, baby."

Iris held the swing as Nikki kept swinging and she disappeared into a cloud. Nikki laughed. Just then it got cold and Nikki looked down. They were in the Artic.

"Mommy! Look at the polar bears! They are so pretty!"

"Yes, they are baby. We are going to go somewhere warmer."

Just then they were in Hawaii.

"The flowers are so pretty. The ocean is beautiful. Mommy, can anyone see us?"

"No. No one can see us. This is our secret."

Nikki giggled. Next, they were swinging over the desert and then they saw green grass and buffalos.

"They are pretty, aren't they, mother?"

"Yes, they are pretty. Oh! Look! Native American people are dancing."

"I hope they aren't doing a rain dance. I don't want to get wet." Nikki made a face.

"Well, Sweetie, Mommy has to take you back to Uncle Galen's. You can enjoy swinging in the sky for a few more minutes."

Nikki kept swinging in the swing. They passed over Disney Land.

"Mommy! There's Cinderella, Snow White, Mickey Mouse and Minnie. Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore, too! This is great!"

Iris bought Nikki back to earth and she was back in Uncle Galen's yard in the swing.

"I have to go now, baby. You will see me in your dreams. I will always be with you. I love you, baby girl."

"I love you, too, Mommy. I will always miss you but I feel better since you came back one last time."

Iris hugged Nikki and left. Nikki grew up into a beautiful woman. She got married and had a daughter of her own. She saw her mother's eyes when she looked into her daughter's eyes. She never forgot that day she spent with her mother swinging in the sky.

Nikki went swinging in the swing and her daughters said: "Mommy, are you trying to swing up into the sky?"

"Yes, I am. I did once upon a time ago."

"Mommy, you are kidding?"

Nikki laughed. "We can pretend, can't we?" Just then Nikki heard her mother giggle. Nikki and her daughter loved swinging together and she never forgot about her mother and her swinging in the sky adventure.

812 Words

** Image ID #1871082 Unavailable **
 Pretty fairy sig with a cat.












© Copyright 2012 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1879613-Flying-The-Skies-On-A-Swing-With-Mommy