*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1890478-When-will-the-never-ending-war-end
by Archie
Rated: E · Editorial · Political · #1890478
We are citizens of a criminal nation. What are we going to do about it?
The Vietnam "War" spanned the Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, and part of the Ford administration.  That's a long non-war with counless deaths, wasted lives, and a wasted $111 Billion (Cost of Wars) that could have thoroughly changed our standards of living for the better.  These figures are not including ancillary costs of veteran benefits or aid to allies, to mention only two additional costs.



The current ongoing debaucle, pseudo war, illegal intrusion into the mideast has cost over $1,150 Billion to date.  And, of course, we have the never-ending, immeasurable cost in lives and the dire effect on the families of the dead and wounded warriors.  These fiscal figures are not including the ancillary costs of veteran benefits or aid to allies, to mention only two of many additional costs.  This war, so far, has spanned three Bush terms and an Obama term.  The illegal intrusions seem doomed to continue ad infinitum no matter which of the two major candidates we elect in November.



What could we have done with those dollars?  What could the dead have done with their lives?  Where, as a society, could we be without the illegal armed conflicts we entered eagerly and wastefully.  Our administrations, since Truman, have been little more than war mongers.  Don't ever call the United States a peaceful nation.  We appear to love armed conflict. Death.  Destruction. Hate.  Waste.



When will it end? 



The Republicans seem primed to continue, at least until a more profitable enemy can be found.  Obama's promise to bring our "war" to an end has merely shifted the emphasis from a wasteful battlefield in Iraq, to a wasted battlefield in Afghanistan.  Currently, Iran and Pakistan are both on Obama's radar of targets for military intrusions.



When will it end?





© Copyright 2012 Archie (archiew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1890478-When-will-the-never-ending-war-end