*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1890665-Wisdom-for-Tatiyana
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1890665
Advice to a granddaughter turning 21
WELL WELL!  At LAST, you have reached the grand old age of TWENTY-ONE (21)!  I am not sure if I feel like laughing out loud or crying.  My first granddaughter has come of age.  You have left the teenager behind, and come squarely face-to-face with adulthood like a thunderbolt and flashing lighting.  Decisions decisions decisions.  Well, on your 21st birthday, I offer you my wisdom with the hope that some of it might get used over the years as those birthdays keep on coming.

Here it is. 

LIVE every day as if it is going to be your first day with the Lord.
Don't put off for tomorrow what you can and should be doing today.
Remember Rome was not built in a day, so take your time.
Smile and laugh often.
Help someone else along the way.
Give often and be very generous with your giving.  It pays dividends.
Be always mindful of your health.  You can't buy it.
Take some RISK, but don't be stupid or crazy in your risk taking.
Remember those who helped you along the way.
The MOST valuable part of your support system is your family.
ALWAYS stay in touch with yourself.  Only you can improve or destroy YOU!
KNOW your limitations.  We all have them, but we can turn them into strengths.
Walk with your HEAD UP, during the good times and the bad ones.  You are human, and all of us make mistakes, but we do not have to let them DEFINE US!

There is more, but these are the ones I believe will carry you through life even when there are bumps in the road.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Angel, and may GOD BLESS you with Many Many Many more.  NOW, don't forget to celebrate, be safe, and getting ready for the roller coaster ride of ADULT LIFE. 

I LOVE YOU ALWAYS!
© Copyright 2012 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1890665-Wisdom-for-Tatiyana