*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1898327-An-Apple-a-Day
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1898327
Lunch at Laughing Lake
Marie sat on the boat dock dangling her legs in the cold waters of Laughing Lake. On the dock next to her was a blue thermos and an bright red apple. The scent of the apple made her hungry, but she did not want to eat it until George arrived, so that they could share the apple and the coffee for lunch. She looked at her watch, it was noon and he said he would arrive at 11:00 A.M.

An hour late, she thought rubbing the apple on her denims, and he promised me he would be on time today. For the past six days they had shared a red delicious apple and a thermos of coffee at precisely 12:30 P.M. She could not eat the apple until he arrived.

He'd better arrive real soon, she placed the apple back on the wooden dock, otherwise, I'm going to have to start this ritual over again on Monday. At that moment, she heard a car screech to a stop and a few minutes later George joined her.

"Afternoon, Honey, I see you have our lunch all ready."

"Yes, Sweet Heart, have a bit of apple." She raised the fruit to his lips and waited for him to sink his teeth into it, then she took a bit. Next she poured coffee into the cup of the thermos and took a sip before handing him the cup.

He took the cup from her hand and drink the rest of the coffee. Five seconds later he fell into the water, as he struck the water he was transformed into a merman. She slipped into the water, transform into a merwoman, and pulled him to the bottom of the lake.
© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1898327-An-Apple-a-Day