*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1900180-The-Obsidian-Theives
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1900180
An intro to a possibly longer story.
         From the snowy peaks of Mt. Icilania, to the green grass of the rolling hills in Grissam Fields, to the Dark Twisted Alliquinn Forest the Kingdom of Qualcalidonia ruled all of it. The fearsome King Allandis was a cruel gerent that took anything and everything he wanted, even when it was not rightly his.
         His chamber was decorated in the finest carmine silk gold could buy everything in the expanse was the finest in any kingdom. Allandis sat by the window in his room that overlooked Grissam Field, gently caressing the scar that adorned his left eye. He didn’t see the need for him to occupy his throne today for he was deep in thought of what to do about the obsidian egg that rested in a vault inside the prodigious castle. He knew he could not rightfully claim the unborn creature that resided within it for he had been bonded to his golden tarragon long ago.
         The younger of his two sons was to receive the egg and with it rule the land of Qualcalidonia as his father did inflicting fear into all who resided within the kingdom. The dark king turned his head sharply at the sound of clanging boots running down the stone corridor of the east wing. He stood from his sitting position ready for the news that followed the footsteps.

“My Lord! My Lord!” the husky voice rang out. Opening the wooden door a burly man stepped in with a grave expression. “My Lord, the obsidian egg has been taken!”

The King hastily maneuvered down the corridor and to the specific vault. A mahogany table bore a single carmine cushion with a carefully crafted glass now shattered on the cold floor.

“Where is it!?” the crimson faced ruler bellowed.

“…The fairies stole it my Lord…”
© Copyright 2012 Slaytanna (slaytona at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1900180-The-Obsidian-Theives