*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1900974-Oct-2012-prep-Day-31-interview
Rated: ASR · Assignment · Other · #1900974
Protagonist interview
You are a journalist. The story of your novel is complete. Interview your protagonist and ask the following questions:
1. How did the events of your story change you?
2. How is life for you now?


Amy: That was quite a journey, Nell. Literally and figuratively.
Nell: Yes, it was. I wasn’t sure I would make it, during the ocean voyage.
A: Understandable. You had a tough time there. But I think it was worth it.
N: *laughs* Yes, definitely worth it!
A: So tell me, what was the most challenging part of this whole adventure for you?
N: The most challenging part? Oh, that’s easy! Getting Bernard to accept my help!
A: Really? That was more challenging than the ocean voyage? Or actually helping him learn Bellonian?
N: By far! More frustrating as well.
A: And now? What’s different for you now?
N: Everything! Everything is different. My life has completely changed! My outlook; my sense of self; my future. It’s all different.
A: In what ways?
N: Well, I’ve always been a very patient person. Bernard certainly challenged that, there’s no question. But while I always felt like I had a lot to offer the world, I also didn’t think I was good enough to earn a chance to prove it. Now I know I am! I’m engaged to a Prince! It’s my dream actually come true.
A: So Prince Bernard proposed to you?
N: *shows ring* Yes!
A: And your plans, now that you’re back in Bellonia?
N: I have another year to complete at Lady Evelyn’s. I plan to study Donellian more this year, because when I finish I’m going to the Donellian Islands to be with Bernard!
A: You don’t feel you’re too young for this? You’re only just 17.
N: Yes, I’m too young. I don’t expect to be married to Bernard immediately, but I’m going there. I need to learn the place, and the people, and the culture. I need to learn how to be a Donellian Princess, and most importantly I need to spend more time with Bernard.
A: What are you most looking forward to, this coming year?
N: That’s a really interesting question. I’ve thought about next year more than I have what’s coming up next. I guess I’m looking forward to going in to the school year with new confidence and a different future, and learning everything that I can, to help me. And I can’t help it that I’m a little excited to share my news with my classmates.
A: *laughs* They’ll be surprised.
N: They’ll be more than surprised! I think they’ll be stunned. I know it’s a little mean of me, but they were not always kind to me this past year.
A: Because of your past?
N: Well, more because of my background. I mean, I DID grow up in Bellonia Castle for 13 years, but I’m not nobility.
A: And now you realize that doesn’t matter.
N: Exactly!
A: I’m very happy for you. You deserve this joy.
N: Thank you!
© Copyright 2012 Merry Mumsy (amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1900974-Oct-2012-prep-Day-31-interview