*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1902008-Spirit-and-the-Speed-of-Sound
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Family · #1902008
The beginning journal of spirit muses.
                   "Spirit and the Speed of Sound"

A letter to myself dated Saturday, November 3, 2012

I took some time to listen to a particular track on an album a friend gave to me for my birthday a few months ago. The album is a collection of Native American tunes entitled, Many Blessings. The track that I am especially drawn to is called, "A Road Before Us". It was written and performed by Peter Kater. The vocal is Carlos Nakai.
I chose this song and specific time to listen to it because music transcends messages to the spirit more quickly than any other sound.
The speed of sound.
I chose this song because I have felt somehow connected to it...on many levels. I seem to journey on the music, especially this particular Native song, and experience the spiritual road before us.The sound becomes a visual and an experience beyond the third dimension. Each time I listen to the music and the words of the song, I am transported to a different place. Although I do not know the translation of the Native words spoken, I understand the meaning expressed. I experience the meaning and the energy. I know the sadness and the gladness, the grief and the joy, the shadows and the light, and especially the many blessings that I and all of my relatives have had, and will yet have. Each time hearing, a new experience takes place and in a different place, as I travel on the vibrations of music.
The speed of sound.
I wore my Bose ear phones to listen and meditate, which gave me an enhanced listening opportunity. I realized this time I heard my Uncle Pete's voice, not Carlos, as the vocal on this album's track. A song of gratitude, joy, love, and peace. A sense of longing and belonging. Knowing and creating. Being all there is to be. A circle of what was always before, and will always be before us. What a beautiful continuation of movement.
The speed of sound.
Uncle Pete is my mother's brother. We come from the Choctaw Nation of Native Americans. My uncle is living now in great expectation, as his body is dying, waiting for his life to change from the lighthouse to just being the light. Pete dreamed the other night that he met all of his ancestors. They were greeting him as he approached a huge and magnificent house. At first he was startled. He has claimed he is presently comfortable in his own broken down home.... literally and metaphorically. But what was shown him was a beauty he never thought existed...at least for himself. Now he knows, once he goes to be with the Old Ones, he too will be a spirit that will guide and help his family tree of children and grandchildren for an eternity of generations to come. Conversations with Uncle Pete are taking on a different vibration, a momentum from his slow and unsteady drawl to an assured and determined voice that I have not heard from him before.
The speed of sound.
Spirit is energy in all things. Spirit is all. Experience is energy. Energy is experience. Movement. Change. Evolution. Revolution. A spiral of motion. Concentric circles of life. We experience spirit with all of our human senses: seeing, feeling, hearing, even smelling spirit's fragrances, as well as, we speak and sing in spirit.
We are spirit. We are.
I am spirit. I am.
I'mmmmmmmmm.
A perpetual hum.
The speed of sound.


Dedicated to Uncle Pete (Louie Luther Underwood) May 15, 1923-Jan.18, 2013

Susan
Turtlemoon
Osda nuwati...may good energy be with you. Dohi...peace
Mitakuye 0yasin...all my relations
 turtlemoon signature gifted by sonnetwolf




© Copyright 2012 turtlemoon-dohi (susanjwelker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1902008-Spirit-and-the-Speed-of-Sound