*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1907316-Prose-and-Cons
Rated: 18+ · Prose · Emotional · #1907316
Becoming lost and finding a way back to reality.
Late one night, in the middle of the day, I took a walk,

A walk in the forest, a dark black forest, along a path.

The path was clear,

The sun bright with cheer!

The going was good, the air crisp and clean.

Happy wanderer , curious thought to glean.



But up ahead and just a little right of the path, a spark!

Nearing the clearing, across a small glade, sparkling, waxing and waning, enticing bit of lure and lark.

Just had to see, have a lil’ look see, see what we might see.

Yet the closer I appeared to be coming to that shine, the farther it was leading me into darkness. Soon I was lost.

What did I do? Did I sit down and try to get my bearings? Did I stay calm, cool and collected? Shit! I wish!! What I did was a fool’s errand; I panicked. I fucking panicked and ran…oh man, I ran and ran, I tumbled and fell, I careened and bounced off the trees. I was blind with fear and so I was LOST!!



For two years I wandered that forest, adrift in a dark sea of tree, bush and shrub obstacle, thorny deterrents and wooden walls of bark flesh!

Breaking the glass, no looking back!

Finding the path, sun bright on track!

Whoa!! Blinded by the Light!!

Mayday! SOS! No sight!

Help me! I cannot see! Set me free!



Now I am wandering a great glutted plain of self-righteous and over rated, selfish and puffed up bunch of unhappy and angry people.

Pride no longer given.

Ego power driven!

Such a battle to stake out a little claim.

Vicariously living fifteen minutes of fame!



Then the rain falls, it cascades in blinding sheets of torrential storms. Bound to your cave, your home and house of pain, squandering what is left of your mind!

Blasted politically correct confusion of illusion!

Tragically, utterly select intrusion of collusion!

Broken dream, trampled hopes and poisoned stupidity!

Fucked up and all wrong, man I can sure make a stinking mess of life.

Twenty-three, the number I see.

Halt, skree, the family tree!

Major offence on my part, my head, mind, body and soul were completely out of sync, so out of tune, misplaced the mystic triune! Blocked my own kick, tripped myself and gave myself a black eye! Damn it all, I miss the old days!



Crushing depression, manic-depression, beating me down and twisting me round, up and down! Wheeeeeeeeee!! NOT!!

Nauseating nautical jaunt of seasickness inflicted and encrypted code of disease and gratuitous wet rot.

No longer a man, much less a person, alas I am but a number, a lost soul of little importance, nobody, no one, nothing! I barely exist and there ain’t a thing I can do about it right now. It is all a moot point at best. Goddess help me please!

Show me the boulevard, the avenue of peace.

Take me down the road where freedoms never cease.



Advancement is stayed and slayed, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide! Fresh out of clues, what can I say? I’ve lost my faith? Well, I am not sure what I believe in, but I know that there is a God and a Goddess as well, because just as is the nature of almost all living creatures, it takes two to tango baby and if we are created in their image, by gosh there has to be something that I am overlooking, missing and/or just blind.

C’est la vie!



Look here. I just want a few answers, is that so much to ask? It must be so.

A river of tears filling an ocean wide.

Constant sorrow riding the tide.

Oh…committing mental suicide!

Tied, lied, cut and dried and died!

Spiritual death and rebirth, unnatural selection.

Vexed by visions of horrid report. Creeping dawn light of terrible portent! Noxious omens of vivisected id!



Ah…..Such are the prose and cons, magick words of life, death, livelihood and destruction. KICK IT!!

I leave you all alone, just as you all leave me alone, through no fault of your own nor mine…just trying to live. You know? Survive! Strive! Connive? Stay alive!!

Rolling sevens now!!

© Copyright 2012 ThothAmmun (heruur777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1907316-Prose-and-Cons