*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1909312-A-childs-vision-of-love
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1909312
Is it a dream. Or something else...
I woke up, dead… But so alive.
Grassy green hills all around. A greenblue lake’s horses welcomed me, bowed below my waist. I bowed back, no direct different here. Everyone equal, everyone different yet so… Happy. Where am I.


The gates were pearly white, black walls nowhere to be seen. A park? Streets shiny gold they are, miles high is stacks and stack and stacks. And higher still. Sadness? What is that the birdman said to me? Pain as well none since the noose the man placed on me, click click click went the roll.


A slight fire, guitars nonsense sings out. Happy. I saw a bigger fire, lashings upon lashings of lakes. Is that screams? Why do people do there? Their choice said Grandfather, grateful for his comfort… Praising the guitarists given talent. Mr Welch I heard his name was.


The dove sung me to bed, the presence comforted me, and the son tucked me in. Said goodnight. The crisp white sheets enveloped me, white, like I am now. Oh, that’s it as I drifted off to fairyland.

I went to sleep alive. But so dead.
Dead to one, so very very alive to my father.


Amen
© Copyright 2012 MaxwellKarterbell (brightguy01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1909312-A-childs-vision-of-love