*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1918494-The-unknown-bliss-of-darkness
Rated: E · Prose · Inspirational · #1918494
A prose where I portrayed myself to be blind and the agony that follows with it.
The sun was envious of my vibrant soul and the glitter that shined in my eyes.
Seeing the earth in fifty shades of grey, it could not bear the dullness.
Taking that as an excuse, it snatched the rays from my eyes and set the stolen light upon the surface of the vast soil.
Greenery was evident; warmth was felt by the nearby tropical trees.
But, the air around me was still and I could barely breathe nor see such boundless beauty. In silent agony,
I could only hear my daughter singing along to a Sunday morning song across the hallway.
Lying bare on the bed, I could only feel the softness of the sheets against my innocent skin,
realizing the truth that there will never come another day to see that beautiful orange sun setting in my hubby's loving eyes.
These provoking thoughts called upon trickles of tears which I had no control over.
Dawn came by silently and sat near the window pane. Slowly, almost deliberately, allowing the sun ray to seep through and hit against my skin.
I felt like screaming at my murderer, the very one that took half my life away.
Just then, I felt someone's arms gently wrapping me from behind.
Familiar touch I would say. That warmth, similar to those of the glaring sun, embraced me in silence.
Unaware was my soul of those dark black eyes that were searching for that lost smile on my expressionless face.
Till I heard, barely a whisper, carrying these few words with such tender grace,
"You were beautiful in the morning sun back in the old days, my love, when I used to stay up all night, caressing your tender body, awed by your timeless beauty. Today, you are still that ever beautiful woman I came to know. Though the rays of those stunning eyes has lost its light, you my dear, can’t be in that plight. Don’t grieve in the darkness within you, I say. For you may not know, I, your hubby surrounds you with a halo. Feel my ray of love through the veins of your sweet soul, capture it in that lost treasure box you dared not open since ages ago. The morning sun gave life to us in a way, to gift you a whole extraordinary life in a new dimension that I'm glad to say. Fear not my dear, for I'll find that vibrant ray within you, day and night, day and night, and time and again. In the remembrance of the vow, no matter comes what may, I'll always be that lost ray."
Upon hearing these words of my lover, my lips curved a smile and my soul felt at peace as it believed that, in the mere darkness I can actually see a rainbow that shines like an aurora in the northern light.
With that, two lips met again and greeted each other, Good Morning, as the sun took its flight across the big blue sky.
© Copyright 2013 lmmortal (nabila321 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1918494-The-unknown-bliss-of-darkness