*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1933864-Pets-of-the-white-winged-man-once-loved
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1933864
We had everything from them, but we had to waste it didn't we.
We had everything.
Now we have nothing.
The pets of the winged, white lighted, that bited our look holes.
An experiment gone very wrong, one family
Chose a different destiny than him. Saved, yet doomed us all... As the tears poured down from skyland.

They taught us beasts how to live. But now. They drowned us. In his tears. What happens if you give a monkey free willed mind?

It kills it's own brother. Because it just can. Nothing has changed. Swords turned to shooting screams. Of fathers. Holding wives. Morhers. Holding what is left of their only way of living. All because. Of that bastard son born.

Free will.

We still crawl though. On the baked Earth. Napalm did that. Killed a few thousand... They just could...

We once had it all, the keys in our pockets, sewn in for safekeeping. So we could not lose them for anything. Expect when the seams tore, by father himself. Why should I keep the ants alive he shouted my face. Eyes tearful for the monkeys.

Because you created them all, asked them to write a book of you... And they did, not daring to question, not baring to answer.

So because of me I kept them alive.
They still slaughted me though.

And I am sorry. I said from the tawny tree I stood silently in. There are still some survivors I yelled at him. He
Heard me.

Although we all were dragged screaming from dirt. Wanting to sleep longer. Some were already awake.
Waiting quietly as our shadow keeps us unseen from ourselves. Hidden from hiding. While they cling. Like moths.
To a deaden flame.
© Copyright 2013 MaxwellKarterbell (brightguy01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1933864-Pets-of-the-white-winged-man-once-loved