*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1934939-Reassurance
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1934939
Winner! 5/24 Prompt Write a story that includes the words: fish, smoke, snow Have fun!
"Hell no, John can't have her! Why would you even ask me that?!"

"It's not like I want to give her away! I would love to keep her, but I can't afford the kitten right now and he can."

"I will help you pay for her. We are not giving that beautiful snow white furball from God to some jacked up Neanderthal that can hardly breathe without taking a smoke break. Fool probably can't even keep a fish alive."

Anna smiled; this is what she loved most about Mavrik. Not his fun nature or suave good looks, but the way he cared for others. He put his all into protecting not just his family and friends, but animals and all those weaker than him. It was damned sexy.

"I don’t trust just anybody with animals you know that. You’re great with her, she only responds to your voice and I’ve seen the way you look at her, you love her as much as she loves you; more even! And another thing..." Anna silenced Mavriks newest tirade regarding the woes of random pet ownership with a kiss.

In that joining of lips she attempted to convey all the passion and heartfelt emotion she couldn't express in words. She broke the kiss and caught Mavriks stunned gaze with a steady and reassuring one of her own. Cheesy though it was, she said the first thing that came to mind.

"You had me at 'Hell no' ".


------------------------------------And the story continues........"My Real Family--------------------------------


-------------------------
Word count: 244
Winner! "Winner for 5/24 and prompt for 5/25"  
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon

Prompt: "Winner for 5/23 and prompt for 5/24"  
------------------------------
People who read this [probably] also read (and loved):
 
STATIC
Christmas Stray  (ASR)
Use: tram, city-center, tree filled with lights, irritated, heart broken Winner!WC113012
#1906143 by A*Monaing*Faith



© Copyright 2013 A*Monaing*Faith (afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1934939-Reassurance