*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1936019-My-Future
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1936019
my future and what it should be like
My future is mine, and mine alone. I should be the one who decides it, not you, not my parents. I have been deliberating about hiding in another place, once i get into college. I would really like to go out of country to study, but I still have a few qualms about that. I wonder what it would be like to not have anyone know who I am, just to go unknown for a while. Then again, when I reappear, what happens? I will have to answer to so many people about my whereabouts, and what i've been doing, It'd take days to answer everyone. I'd like to dye my hair, grow it out, and experiment with so many things! Yet, if I did that here, I'd be on the first flight back to Australia, that's for sure. My mom would say, "since I can't control you here, I'm going to send you back to Australia so that somebody else can take care of you." Now don't get me wrong. Australia is a WONDERFUL place. It's education, though? not so much. I would get a better education here, but the restrictions I have here really are not doing me much good.

Now my friend always tells me, "threatening to ship off your kid to another country really is NO WAY to raise them." I agree. However, i am in no position to make that statement to anyone, especially to my mother. Not many people understand the complex relationship we have, kind of like Taylor Swift's backstory in "We are never getting back together". We fight, and then make up. Not really make up, though in its traditional sense. More like, my mom will suddenly not be mad at me, and without me knowing what I ever did to make her happy again, I continue on with life. After talking with another girl about this, I realized, I am not alone with this problem.
Apparently, it's an "asian parent thing", meaning that her parents, along with another set that I know, are very like my mom in the way that they bring up their children. This doesn't mean that they threaten to ship their kids off to another country, though. I feel like the mystery reason behind this won't be unveiled for another while, so it would be wise not to hold my breath and expect answers.
© Copyright 2013 Dragon is hiding (flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1936019-My-Future