*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1938363-Starfang
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by DogEye
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1938363
Slightly based off of White Wolf's Changling, a larp game(live action Role Playing)
Starfang

Steep grayish green cliffs towered over a treacherous sea waters. The salty sea spray made the one narrow path up the cliffs slick. The stars seemed to glitter about the course sea and the cliff base was dotted with wreaked ships, with sails torn and splintered hauls. A single traveler made his way up the path, strangely he hadn’t one drop of water on him. He wore a black robe with a hood that draped over his head so no one could see his face
A wave came crashing up the side of the cliff, the man simply held out his hand as if to push the wave back. The wave came anyway but just as it rolled back into the rough sea, water dripped around the traveler like there was an unseen sphere surrounding him.

At the top of the cliffs there was a small cave, a dim light flickered from within. The man stopped and removed his hood… now it was apparent he was a sidhe.

“And how are my lovely ladies this evening?” he announced in a rich elegant voice.

The sound of flapping wings could be heard as into the light came three harpies, all with tattered feathers and hideous faces topped with long wiry hair. They landed in front of him with ragged claws scraping into the stone.
“Siben? What brings you back to our humble home?” the first one said in a screechy voice, she proceeded to lead Siben down the narrow hall into a torch lit room. The room had a small table pool with gems jutting out of it.

“I was wondering if my brother had any plans against me again…” Siben answered back.

“He-he-he. I should of expected you sooner, he does, he does,” said the first harpy looking over the pool.

“This time though we can’t help you,” said the second harpy.

“But we can tell you that his success or failure will depend on the survival of a certain mortal,” said the third.

“Can you tell me where or who this mortal is?” Siben asked hoping for one more piece of information.

“He-he-he. That would be cheating the fates,” answered the first harpy.

“And we are not allowed to cheat the fates,” answered the second.

“But you will run into them or maybe they’ll run into you,” added the third.

“Either way your paths will cross… eventually,” said the first.

“I see,” Siben glanced at the still water of the gem pool, “So you can’t tell me if I need to protect or destroy this mortal?”

“He-he-he ah Siben, so little faith in yourself?” The first harpy sighed, “If we told you everything fate allowed…”

“It might derail the future path…” finished the second.

“So does that mean the future is in my favor?” Siben looked at the first harpy.

“That is for you to decide.” The third harpy answered.

Suddenly the pool began to bubble and give off a faint yellow glow.

“Now now you must go home, your brother will be striking soon…” said the first harpy franticly.

“You must be home to deflect this attack.” The second added.

“But what about this mortal? Don’t I need to cross paths with this mortal first?” Siben asked.

“Yes yes, and you will…” said the second

“But that was a distant future, this is the immediate one,” the third added.

“Hurry your freehold might be in danger, go go!” the first harpy said with haste shooing Siben quickly out of the cave.

The desert was said to split the world, yes one could go around it but it would take several days more to do so. It was said to be created by a great war. Only a few towns made right in the middle of it offered shelter to weary travelers. One such town was called Tinfold. Siben gave a sigh of relief as he entered the bar in the middle of Tinfold. Behind the bar was a boggan quietly going about his work, he looked up and smiled.

“Welcome back Siben,” He said cheerfully.

“It’s good to be home,” Siben sat down at the bar staring off into some empty corner, “My visit to the harpies was only mildly useful.”

“Eh? What did they say?” the boggan asked as he wiped down the bar.

“Apparently my brother has a plan that can only be disrupted by a mortal,” Siben sighed, “I don’t even know if I need to kill it or protect it.”

“I’d go with protect,” the boggan was wiping out a glass then held it up to the light making sure the spots where gone, “For one thing it sounds a lot better, secondly good deeds tend to get rewarded more than… well murder.”

“I suppose you’re right Rubarb,” Siben made a hand jester and Rubard immediately set down a glass of red wine, “After all…”
*Crash* The door flew open. A satyr rushed in carrying a wounded eshu. The satyr was missing his right eye. The eshu was unconscious and wearing plate armor with deep scratches in it, one of her hands was clutched around something.

Rubarb quickly cleared off the bar so the satyr could place the eshu on it.

“What the hell happened?” Siben asked in a bit of shock.

“I found this eshu being run down by the shifter in the oasis area. She was down before I could help… I think we need Bob,” The satyr seemed out of breath but calm.

“Bob? Oh yes Bob, he’s with Samuel I believe I’ll go get him,” Siben set his glass of wine down on one of the tables and walked in back of the room to a vaulted door.

“Sam?” Siben shouted.

“What the hell do you want?”

“We need Bob badly, is he in there with you?”

The vault door opened and there stood a nocker with a grim look on his face. “Come on Bob, let’s see what this emergency is.”

A troll opened the door farther and walked out, “Okay,” he said in a very calming voice.

Siben got back with Bob and Samuel, the satyr and Rubarb had already removed the heavy, scratched armor. Bob went over and examined the unconscious eshu while Samuel picked up a piece of the heavy armor.

“Junk… the whole dam lot of it…” Samuel mumbled as he placed the armor back down then kicked it.

“Well she should be fine,” Bob announced as he went to a hidden cabinet behind the bar, “She probably got exhausted from running and passed out. This should revive her…” he pulled out a vial of blue liquid, then sat the eshu up and poured it carefully down her throat.

Immediately the elixir started to work, the eshu slowly regained consciousness.

“Uhge, my head…” the Eshu said as she opened her eyes slowly, “First dragons now this?” She looked at her hand and opened it… there in her palm was a small nut. “So it wasn’t a dream,” she whispered to herself.

“You okay?” Rubarb asked.

“Huh? Me? Yes… yeah I guess so… Thanks.” The eshu got off the counter and tried to stand up only to be caught by Bob before she fell.

“You have a name?” asked Bob as he lifted her to a seat.

“Conwell? Where’s Conwell?” The Eshu’s eyes lit up as if she remembered something important.

“Conwell? Who is Conwell?” the satyr asked.

“Conwell… he’s a friend, wasn’t he behind me?” the eshu said.

“Damit, I didn’t see anyone behind you… I’m going back to the Oasis to see if I can find this Conwell,” the satyr said and started to head to the door. Just as he opened it a small green dragon flew in carrying a bag and looking exhausted as he landed on a bar stool and looked around.

“You move fast,” it said looking at the satyr.

“And you are?” the nocker questioned.

The dragon turned and looked at Samuel, “I am the mighty Conwell!”

“Mighty?” Siben asked.

“Hey ever hear of the small but mighty?” Conwell bobbed his head.

“Conwell? Well that was fast…” the satyr laughed in relief.

Conwell flew with the bag up to the eshu, “And did I not TELL you that you can’t just walk up to a shifter and take one of its Fay nuts.”

“Yeah but I got it,” the eshu reached into the bag and pulled out an empty vial and placed the nut into it and put it back in the bag.

“So do you have a dam name?” Samuel yelled.

The eshu gave Samuel a dirty look, “you don’t have to yell.”

“Okay, what is your dam name then,” Samuel said frustrated.

“Uh… yeah… name?” the eshu began.

“Don’t tell us you forgot your own dam name?” Samuel grumbled.

Conwell shook his head.

“Starfang?” the eshu finally replied.

“Starfang is it? Well, I’m called Cyclops or Cy for short, the troll’s name is Bob, the boggan behind the bar is Rubarb, the sidhe is Siben and the nocker we call Samuel,” the satyr introduced everyone.

“Well you all have my thanks for reviving me, I wish I could repay you but I can’t,” Starfang said.
“That is quite alright,” Siben said.

“Well I must be going, I have a lot to do and not a lot of time,” Starfang got up and started out the door… but was pushed aside by two trolls entering the bar followed by a sidhe dressed in a dark blue robe. Everyone in the bar stood up and looked at the sidhe.

Conwell flew to Starfang’s shoulder, “Stay down, this doesn’t look to good.”

Starfang moved into a corner and kept her bag close.

“Ivan… what are you doing here?” Siben said coldly.

“What can’t I see my brother without suspicion?” Ivan replied with a smile.

“Hell no, the last time you where here you dam near killed us,” Samuel spoke.

“Well if my brother will give me what I desire then I might leave you alone this time.” Ivan replied leaning towards the nocker.

“We better leave… I don’t like where this is heading,” Starfang whispered to Conwell, as they tip toed towards the door.

“Second that…” Conwell replied quietly.

Ivan turned and lighting came out of his hand that struck right in front of Starfang just as they got to the door.
“Nobody leaves!” Ivan shouted.

“Let them go Ivan… they are just travelers.” Siben commanded.

Ivan smiled and nodded at the two trolls, they smiled back as they grabbed the eshu’s arms… Conwell flew out of reach.

“Give me what I want or the eshu gets incinerated,” Ivan pointed to Starfang.

Siben had a scared look on his face, “You…”

“Um excuse me Mr. Evil Sidhe, you might want to rethink letting us go in 10…9…”

“And what is a tiny dragon going to do?”

“OW!”

“Oof”

Ivan turned around to see his one of his trolls clutching his stomach and the other one holding his foot. The Eshu stood clutching some glowing object.

“What the hell happened?” Ivan said in shock.

“You’re supposed to do that when I reach one,” Conwell joked.

Siben saw an open opportunity and sent a force blast shoving his brother outside. Cyclops quickly attacked one troll forcing him out. Starfang kicked the other troll to Cy and Cy shoved him out.

Samuel ran out with his hook “Dam hell he looks pissed.”

Starfang ran out, Ivan stood there casting a spell, he was gathering energy from himself.

“Shit he is going to blow the whole freehold up if we don’t stop him,” Siben said trying to break his concentration with his magic push.

Starfang stood bewildered until Conwell twacked her head with his tail, “Use the shrunkens they gave you.”
“Oh right,” Starfang reached into her back pouch and pulled out three cold iron shrunkens. She ran to the front and shoved Siben to the side… the first one missed and stuck itself into the ground, the second landed in his arm and the third hit him in the back as he turned to run. The two trolls ran a different way.

“Shouldn’t we go after him?” Sam asked.

“No,” sighed Siben in relief, “He is STILL my brother.”

“Sure as hell don’t act like it,” Sam grumbled then looked at Star.

Everyone stopped and looked at Samuel then at Starfang waiting to hear what Sam would say.

“I guess you’re decent,” Sam scowled.

“Um… thanks I guess…” Star replied, “Well I really need to get going.”

“What?” Siben said, “And you’re not going to tell us who you are and where you’re from?”

“We really….” Star looked around trying to avoid eye contacted.

The sun was setting on the horizon.
“Room for the night is free… along with breakfast and dinner, if you haven’t already eaten,” Siben quickly added.

“You aren’t thinking about going through the desert at night. Are you?” Cy asked.

“Why not?” Conwell asked, “We traveled this far by night.”

“You where lucky then, the desert is cursed” Bob said.

“Cursed?” Star questioned.

Moans started coming from the distance in the desert.

“You see this town is a protected part of the desert and the oasis is blessed… the rest of it is cursed… the undead from past wars are restless here.” Siben explained.

“Just the night wouldn’t hurt,” Conwell shuttered.

“Wait a minute we don’t have time to waste and what happened to the Mighty Conwell?” Star rebuked.

“One we have to get things done fast, but we’ll get ourselves killed if we rush. Two undead, where as I’m not afraid of them, they creep me out,” Conwell explained.

Star glared over at the group with mistrust, “Okay… one night… that’s it.”

…It was a day like any other, I woke up and went to do my chores in the tribe. It wasn’t till moon rise that I noticed a man on the secret peak. Somehow I knew something was wrong, it was like only I could see him. Everyone drugged on unaware of the man on the peak. I tried to ignore him for a second but I saw the tribe’s elder talking gravely about the hundred year plague. “The omen has come, death is upon the tribe once more,” they said. “Can’t you do something?” I asked. “No true member of the tribe can do anything,” they answered. “Well I’m not going to let that man bring the plague this time…” I ran off before anyone could stop me. I went to the armory and took an old suit of armor and a sword. Then up to the peak I ran…

“HALT!” I screamed in a charging stance. The man simply ignored me. I charged… I swung the sword… he dodged and smacked me to the side. I got up… swung again, it was like hitting a stone wall, and the sword didn’t pierce him. He turned and with a force I never seen before blasted me back. “You fool,” he said. I got up and bull rushed him… it was like hitting a sack of stone but he did fall off. I stood there panting when he rose… he was a sidhe… that I noticed… right before my last memory of the event… I just saw fire.

I awoke a few days later, the elders managed to save me with what little healing magic they possessed. They soon told me that I saved all but one of the tribe…A little girl who fell badly ill from the plague, they said I had one month to save the girl and need three ingredients. A Fay nut, dragon tears, and swamp rock flower, I got the nut though….

“Interesting story…” Cy replied.

“You’d think they’d be fucking smart enough to send you on your way with better armor, if you ask me…” Sam said.

“They gave me a few artifacts and a sword before I went off.” Star replied.

“Can I see the sword?” Cy asked.

“I… well… I guess so…” Star unsheved a sword and showed it to Cy. It was silver with iron running through it, a dragon was on the hilt that looked to be made of a blue pearl. “They said it has the power to destroy plague bearers in case I ever run into that sidhe again.”

“impressive craftsmanship,” Cy commented “I have never seen a sword quite like this.”

“Well I need to get to bed… I have a long way to go in the morning,” Star yawned.

“Bob? Show our lady to one of the empty rooms, will you?” Siben asked Bob.

Bob stood up and motioned for Star to follow, Star looked a bit intimidated with Bob’s size but then again she took out two slightly smaller trolls. Star followed and Conwell flew after.

“So what do you think Siben?” Cy asked.

“As you said interesting story she has,” Siben replied, “What do you think Rubarb?”

“Nice girl, I believe her story… seems to me she is having a bit of trouble asking for help.” Rubarb nodded as he cleaned a glass.

“What the hell are you talking about? Did it ever occur to you there is one major flaw to her story?!” Samuel growled.

“What’s that?” Cy asked.

“Dam it are you all blind?” Sam growled.

“partly,” said Cy with a grin.

“Oyy….don’t be a smart ass.” Grumbled Sam.

“Well, what are we missing?” Siben asked.

“Burns dammit! Don’t you think she ought to have major mana burns over her body!” Sam brought up.
“Sam’s right, she is probably a con….” Cy started….

“Hold it right there!” Rubarb sounded angery which was rare, “No body is going to accuse a nice eshu of lying. You all know I can sense seelie and non-seelie… she is seelie if I ever saw any…”

“How do you explain the lack of burns?!” Samuel cut back.

“I don’t know, I’m sure there is an explanation.” Rubarb pouted.

“Perhaps that is what that medallion she has on is for…” Siben inquired.

“Medallion?” Sam stood back a bit.

“Yes it had a theater mask on it if I recall” Siben nodded

“That’s it! she must be a dam pooka and doesn’t want anyone to know…” Sam shouted,” the last thing I want around here is a dam pooka! I’ll be in my workshop”

Rubarb turned to Siben, “I doubt she is a pooka, but perhaps she is hiding injuries. Perhaps vanity reasons…”
“Rubarb is probably right.” Cy commented, “plus if it was a complete lie would she really risk her life to get one Fay nut?”

“I heard shouting? What I miss?” Bob asked.

“Oh discussing who our new guest is, why she doesn’t show burns and Sam stormed off convinced she is really a pooka… other than that… not much.” Said Siben.

“I’ll go talk to him,” Bob said as he headed off to the workshop.

Conwell lay on the dresser, Starfang looked overly exhausted… “Guess your right Conwell, I really need a good night’s sleep, hope I didn’t lie too badly…”

“Don’t be ridicules. You told the truth. You just left out some fine details,” Conwell replied, “now get some sleep, I’ll keep watch.

Nothing is worse than a restless moon in the night sky, especially when you’re trying to sleep. The undead moans seemed to creep into Star’s sleep and made her toss and turn.
“I have to sleep,” she thought to herself.

“awake awake stay awake… do not sleep for…”

“Conwell?” Star looked over at the dragon who had dozed off.

“awake awake stay awake… do not sleep till darkness passes.”

“Who is there… here? Who is talking?” Star sat up wide awake.

“awake awake stay awake for evil comes near…”

“Uggg out of my head you voice,” Star clutched her head.

“aaaaaawwwaaaakkkkk……” a shadow seemed to drift from a corner out the door.

Star curiously followed sword in her hand but armor less.

It drifted down the stairs.

Star followed… suddenly a stair board broke sending her tumbling down…

Boom Boom ooof

“Note to self the floor wants me dead too,” Star grumbled.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Sam was looking at the fallen Star.

“Chasing a shadow thing…eeee…. Yeah you… don’t care do you?”

“You broke my stairs you dam lieing….” Sam stopped a second, “what shadow?”

“The one that is keeping me awake…”

Sam suddenly ran to a secret cabinet and pulled out a long pole that seemed to have a meat hook at the end, “Okay you better not be dam lying to me… where did it go.”

“Lost sight of it when I fell but down here… said something about evil coming near.”

“FUCK FUCK FUCK…” Sam said between his teeth Sam’s focus was on the door.

“I’m missing something aren’t I?”

“Dam, my shadow had to go wake up the most clueless fay in the world,” Sam grumbled.

“Your… Shadow?” Star looked clueless.

Sam turned slowly scowling at Star, “Yes MY shadow, what the hell do you….”

A ghosty mist swirled between them the swept itself in one corner forming an elegant lady Eshu that seemed to be draped in silvery flecked cloth.

“Beautful…” Star was lost for words as her eye were lost in a gaze at a maiden.

“Crap, a unicorn maiden,” Sam armed himself.

“Wake up you useless Eshu… Those maidens are deadly.”

Star broke her gaze to look at Sam for a second and back to the maiden with a curious look. After a few minutes Star started to step towards the maiden. Sam stopped her.

“What the fuck are you doing?”

“Going to say hi?”

“You trying to get yourself killed?”

“No…” Star had both of them in the corner of her eyes.

“These maidens are not peaceful, you can’t let your guard down…”

“Oh…Hello…” Star had turned away and looked at the now very close unicorn maiden.

Sam nearly had a heart attack, falling over backwards and backing away crab style.

The maiden smiled and placed her hand on Star’s shoulder.

“Child… go sleep… you’re safe… we are watching you.”

The maiden turned back into a ghosty white swirl and blew out the door as quickly as she came.
“Sam? You okay?”

“We ain’t dead???”

“Noooo……”

Sam’s eyes lit up looking at the shoulder the maiden had touched.

“Where did you? How? I’ve never seen…”

Star looked at her shoulder…. A delicately crafted shoulder guard lay on the shoulder with ancient ruins scribbled neatly around the edge. “oh… well I better get to sleep, I’ll have to figure this one out in the morning.”

“Wait! How did you get the maidens to like you dammit!”

“I dunno but I better get some sleep like she told me to.”

“But!”

Star had already gone upstiars being careful to skip the broken step.

The morning sun poured in through the dusty windows. Any and all traces of the unicorn maiden where gone. Sam, himself was debating if he actully fell asleep untill he saw his tools laying at the base of the stairs.
Sam watched as the group came down one by one. Rubarb was always first down and immeditly started making breakfast for everyone who sat down at the bar and the tables.

"Sam?" Siben came down a little surprised to see him, "Sam you look bothered?"

"I'm always bothered you know that."

"I mean more then the normal bothered..."

"It is... something is strange about that eshu."

"She is not a pooka Sam," Bob chimed in.

"Yeah i figured THAT out but dammit she isn't a normal eshu."

"Sam most of us are not 'normal' for our kith," Siben explianed.

"Dam Hell just listen... last night we had company, my shadow woke her up."

"So... your point would be?" Cy decided to join the conversation and lend up on the bar behind him.

"It was a Unicorn Maiden that came dammit." Sam tried to explian.

"If that was the case, we'd all be waken up," Siben assured.

"Yeah and I just happened to doze off!" Sam yelled frustrated

"Ugg, what's all the noise down here?" Star came down slowly.

"Star, was there a unicorn maiden here last night?" Siben questioned.

"Ugg. No..."

"LIES!" Sam shouted.

"Stop it your making my head hurt...and you didn't let me finish."

"Okay then what the hell was it?"

"I talked to Conwell... It wasn't a maiden... It was a Unicorn Gaurdian."

"That can not be right? We should be dead then." Siben rebuked

Conwell landed on the bar looking for edibles," Actully, no... Star ironicaly saved a manicore from being slayed by a unicorn." Conwell soon found a plum and began eating.

"Oooookaaay, that would make since if it was a manicore Gaurd... but it wasn't." Bob stated over by the table.

Conwell yawned, "Well some one had put brambles of corrution on the unicorn... Star found a way to remove and destoy them. Not quite sure how though... they just decenigrated when they hit the ground."

Star went to pack up after breakfast, Conwell was watching. Star made sure the Fay nut was safe in her bag and then began putting on the old junk armor she had. She stopped when she picked up the gift from the gaurdian. She ran her fingers over the runes and they started to glow softly.

"Conwell," Star placed the peice on her shoulder, "Did that really happen?"

"What really happen?"

"The thing with the unicorn and manicore?"

"Yep it did. Saw you myself."

"How long have you been with me then?"

"Ever since you ran away..."

Star stopped and looked at the mask pendent as if she was trying to remember herself.

"Star? is something wrong?" Conwell asked.

"No... nothing is wrong... but..." Star said as she grabbed her bag, "I was just thinking about Elisha."

"I know you better then that," Conwell replied.

Star sighed, "Come on we only have 2 more weeks.."

"You know we can ask them to help us... then we wouldn't have to leave."

"Why would you say that?"

"Because you don't want to leave..."

"Come on Conwell we need to plan the next path..."

"I'm right aren't I?"

"Conwell" Star grummbled under her voice.

"Aren't I?" Conwell's top horns perked up and he took off from the dresser to follow and annoy Star.

Star sat at a table looking at maps not reilizing Siben was behind her.

Siben placed his hand on Star's shoulder making her jump, "You are not going to get far with those maps. well unless you are looking for a dragon terrorizing a mortal town," Siben reached in his pocket and pulled out a stone disk, "Try this one." He placed the disk on the table and tapped it, suddenly light swept over the table reviling a map of the world how fae see it.

"Er thanks?"

"You really should've told us you went through a late crysalist. It would have saved Samuel alot of conclutions." Siben smiled, "Now it might not look like much water here..." Siben pointed to a small pond, "but you see this mark?"

Star nodded.

"That means this little pond is water dragon territory. And this here would be the only place nearby that would have the Swamp Rock Flowers you need, however you'll want help with both, expecially if you're a new fae."

"Okay..."

"Now you only have a couple of weeks so I can pull some strings to get the tears from a stronger freehold in our holding...and in order to get the flowers in time we'll have to leave in a couple days, that will give you time to have Cy show you a few in and outs of combate and get you some decent armor that fits you."

"How?" Star looked confused.

"Your dragon freind told me and i'm always happy to have new fae join my freehold."

"Excuse me a moment... I need to find a small green dragon to strangle..." Star stormed off.

"She wouldn't hurt you, would she?" Siben asked as Conwell came out of hiding.

"No but she would use my only fear agianst me."

"That would be?"

"That is one thing I won't tell you." Conwell said, "Anyway i better go face the music."

Conwell didn't have fly for long to catch up. Star was still mad and kicked the desert dust up.

"Angery still I see, I'm glad your seelie." Conwell took a safe distance.

"Your a blantant liar." Star huffed

"Okay, so I made a little fib up but that doesn't make me a BLANTANT liar, most of it was truth anyway and you know it."

Star suddenly flinch and stumbled.

Conwell flew to her shoulder, "Better take that medicine agian, you're in pain. Wait.,, where's your bag?"

"By the table..."

"I'll get it, you stay here... i'll be right back." Conwell flew back to the freehold as fast as he could.

Conwell didn't have to look hard before finding the bag at the foot of the chair. Conwell was about to grab the bag when a sack suddenly swollowed him.

Conwell soon found himself dumped in a cage. looking around there where many tools and gears and Samuel scowling at him.

"Okay dragon... time we talked..."

"Now is a bad time... can i get back to you in a few miniuets?"

Sam was still scowling, "listen dragon... I don't like that pooka or whatever she is, i don't like you, but now i have to make that thing some fucking armor... you..."

"Why don't you ask her herself AFTER i bring her her medicine!"

Bob who was behind a device ran up quickly, "What medicine?"

"Calulite serum, you know for magic burns?" Conwell scowled back a Sam.

"Lies!" Sam was unrelenting.

"Calulite serum is not good for treating burns." Bob looked at Sam.

"See dragon? Bob knows medicine better then anyone here." Sam boosted.

"However," Bob interupted, "It is used to treat severe pain resulting from magical wounds..."

"See nocker?" Conwell came back at him, "I don't know alot about medicine but I DO know she needs it now..."

Samuel reluctently let Conwell out knowing Bob would insist he did anyway.

Conwell jetted out of the workshop grabbed the bag and sped to where Star was.

Star looked up at Conwell in pain. She took the bag, and found the medicine. Relief seemed to come quickly after she took it though.

"Better?" Conwell asked

Star nodded in reply.

"Good..." Samuel had followed Conwell with Bob, "Bob grab her."

Bob carfully picked Star up dispite a slight struggle Star relented not wishing for a fight right now.

They took her back to Samuel's workshop. Sam like any overworked nocker... heck any nocker in general was angerier then a hornet still.

"Okay I don't know what kind of stupid fae you are but i need to know NOW!" Sam yelled.

"I'm.... I..."

"What is it... dam pooka? some fucking red cap turning over a new dam leaf?"

"No.." Starfang was getting very intemidated dispite the nocker's naturally short stature.

"Come on what the hell are you?! I suppose i should find out for MYSELF THEN!" with that Sam found an opening a ripped the theator mask pendent off the chain.

"NOW... err...dammit..." Samuel had cooled down in record time, Bob stood with his mouth gapping a bit un able to say a word.

"Dammit, sorry,,, dam hell sorry..." Sam turned away as a tear dropped to the floor. The real Starfang was finally seen.

Bad magic burns streaked across the face, it looked as if some armor had been melted to the skin on the arms... the eyes seemed to carry a spark within the blue irises... fear and courousity seem to enter twine about her but the thing noticed most under the burns was a face of a mortal.

Sam tried to get ahold of himself, "w..who... who would do this? how are you even alive? and dam standing?" Sam was still turned away tring not to cry.

"i've seen everything now..." Bob's shock wore off.

Sam finally got a hold of himself, "You need help... i'm getting Siben."

"No! you can't tell anyone about this!" Star yelped.

"I have to... you need help." Sam explianed.

"I need to save Elisha that what i need to do..."

Sam thought a minute, "A mortal cannot stand up aginst..." Sam rethought what he was going to say..."Dammit mortal, why did you have to prove me wrong before i can say anything."

"Listen Sam, i need to save that girl if i don't she'll die..." Star pleaded, "I can't do this if everyone is concerned about me..."

"She has a valid point," Bob amitted.

"That was the reason for the guise" Conwell explianed.

"Fine," Sam walked over to a cabniet and took out a jar, "show me that arm."

Star reluntantly held out the arm with the metal fused into the skin. Sam took some cream from the jar and applied it to the metal. The cream started to fizz and desolve the metal leaving new skin in it's wake.

"Go to the bathroom in the back and applie this to any metal fused to your skin," Samuel ordered.
Star did as she was told.

"That should take her a bit," Sam sat down at the table, "You know how I say nothing would ever shock me more then befreinding a sphix, Bob?... well i was wrong... oh hell crap," Sam sat up stright, "STAR IGNORE THE WINGED CAT! DO NOT TRY TO ANSWER IT!"

Star walked by a little orange tabby cat with wings sleeping soundly until Sam had yelled. It got up and streched and looked at the closed bathroom door with sapphire like eyes, waiting to see who Sam was yelling to.

Meanwhile Sam was looking through his cabnets, "wyven hide? not enough... scaled wyrm hide? ..."

"Wouldn't that be to heavy in the end?" Bob commited enjoying his second love, armor craft.

"Guess your right," Sam looked at a white hide, "bah she probably wants to stay in good with the unicorns... all that's left is wrog hide."

"It is better then nothing but the magic resitance is almost non existant with that," Bob sighed disapponted in the hide selection.

"We could add a ground Roc feather...?" Sam thought looking at the dark hide.

"True but I lack the skill to select wether the hide absorbs the resistants of the feather or the amphilcaion propertys." Bob stated, "You sure there isn't enough wyven hide?"

"Nope, just one solid peice and a few scrapes..." Sam replied, "too bad that dragon is too small, eh?"

Conwell gave Sam a dirty look, while Bob smiled amused.

"Dammit," Sam ignored Conwell's dirty look, "Now would be a good time for a hide shipment from Evertin..."

"For soft wurm hide?" Bob asked, "not alot of propertys itself but it takes temper effects well, I can see where that would work."

*Pound pound pound*

"Now's not a good time Siben." Samuel answered.

"Just wanted to tell you we just got a package with some hides and tempers... thought you might need them." It was Cyclops' voice, "Maybe have Bob come out to get them..."

Bob came out, "Thanks Cy." he said as Cy handed him a small box covered in goldish ruins, "Where from?"

"Not so much as where then who" Cy smiled, "Vangard sent it, he included some building material for you and Sam to go though later, and Siben has already stashed the loose glammor in the safe for now."

"Dam," Bob said uncharaturisticly, "Best timeing ever, thanks."

"That low on material?" Cy inquired.

"Let's just said the selection was less then ideal," Bob smiled as he went back in the workshop.

"Evertin shipment?" Sam looked at Bob hoping for good news.

"No..." Bob stated holding back a smile.

"Crap... so what is Triggton getting rid of now?"

"Not Triggton Freehold either," Bob grinned.

"Then where?" Sam peered out of the corner of his eye at the box.

"Vangard sent it," Bob smiled.

"WHAT!? Dammit, open it!" Sam jumped.

Bob pressed the center ruin on the box... a note appared... Bob reach over to a table to get a pair of reading glasses that made him look rather strange haveing a pair of tiny glasses on his broad face.

"Dear Cousion and freinds,

I was out with the Royal Gaurd a few days ago... seems a Dragon was causing a disturbance.

Enclosed is some the gains we aquired, Yes there is more then I usually give you but as Siben had told me in a message you found a late one... It is so good to hear in a time when we are losing more and more to banallity that there is at lest one daughter coming out of the woodwork.

Anyway, I rushed this package so you'd have time to fit her with armor fit for a grand explorer or even if she becomes an oddity for her kith. I look forward to ....."

"Well dammit what's wrong now?" Sam inquired.

"Vangard is rushing out here to do a basic evaluation on Star so she can be registered... Tomarrow..." Bob said with absoulute terror.

"Crap, and we just told Starfang we wouldn't say a word about this till her freind is safe..." Sam said with frustaion.
© Copyright 2013 DogEye (dogeye at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1938363-Starfang