*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1940409-Betrayal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Experience · #1940409
I am just venting to make myself feel better.
    This Betrayal. I have been betrayed, and now I have betrayed. Both are an awful feeling. In a moment of poor judgement, I have ruined something beautiful. And now I have to live with it. So many things could have gone differently. I could have made the right decision. I could have stopped myself. But I didn't. And now I have to live with this regret.
    When I was betrayed, I was at least told about it. And so I am going to do the same. When I was told, I didn't feel much. I continued to not feel much. I never felt much from it at all. I was disappointed. But I was empty. It didn't set with me, it was distant and easily forgotten. But now that I have betrayed, it can not be forgotten. It is not distant. I am no longer empty, because I am filled with regret and what-ifs.
    Thank you for reading this. Writing these two short paragraphs made me feel better. And that is all I wanted to do with this. I would like to end this with a quote from a musician whose music always helps me, "All I have are the thoughts in my head and this moment I am in" ~Todd Snider.  I hope you have a better day than I am.
© Copyright 2013 Thx11283 (thx11283 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1940409-Betrayal