*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1942248-Agarian-Streets
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #1942248
A celebrity's following acts to counter urban violence as they enlighten the world.
A blonde-haired woman nodded her head passionately to the song relayed through her earphones. Eyes gleaming, she stared up toward the skyline at a row of two-story buildings where she saw a young man dashing over from one roof from another. Explosions chased him as he scrambled out into the distance, unharmed. She could hear the gunman swear, likely both agitated and astounded by his failure.

Veering into an alley, the woman met with two people waiting alertly behind a dumpster. They rose to acknowledge her, full white masks painted with flowers of stems running a bright green up their cheeks. "Aayden done good, honey?" asked a woman in her shadowy voice.

"Yes, Maniya," said the blonde. "You both must go on to finish the mission now. Relay Aayden's escape route to the head immediately!"

"Thank you," said Maniya. "Come on Drey, let's do this!" The duo ran swiftly on dispatch while their commander leisurely strode further along her path down the alleyway. After hearing the kind appreciation from the tough ex-hustler, she heartened the nod to her music with a lovely hum. From the valley, the abandoned factories with gaping holes and empty houses and streets were cluttered with a mosaic of destruction. She could reminisce of the days when this area of town was a beautifully discreet locale that provided haven to the unfortunate, but now there was only dust and bones.

Ten minutes elapsed in silent travel through the dead town until the thunder of gunshots reemerged. "Ahh, my element!" remarked the woman. "In a few moments, the train will be here and that's my cue." Approaching a full sprint, she narrowed the distance between her and a railway that entered the next city, which glowed black with urban streets. Stopping just before the tracks, she felt the momentous wind of the train blow over her as it blasted across her vision. She turned and needled her way the direction against the train. She then jumped onto and climbed forward on a highway bridge's concrete pillars which were aligned beside the moving vehicle's course. Flustered gunfire rained mutely into the hardened steel and velocity that shielded its target. Before the barrier eroded, the woman slipped down into a crevice above a treacherous fall into brackish water filled with trash.

A vibrant green welcomed he silent entrance. The contented eyes of her followers within this grove equaled the hospitality of the landscape. They venerated her with a title of "our saviour" when they asked to know the success of her mission.

"I left it to Maniya," she began. "I needed to return here earlier than I'd anticipated. Ramek, let me discuss our situation in private."

Ramek sided the woman as she danced through her wonderland. "Our saviour?" asked Ramek. "Should we move into the discussion chamber for our talk?"

"No, just whisper with me. My request now is utmost important and you must spread it the moment I leave. I need you to prepare the Green Till Project."

Ramek carefully concealed his surprise when he remarked, "If you do that, then this will most likely be the last we see of you."

"It will," she said softly. "But, I have fulfilled my life goals already."

"Everyone else has a lot more work to do; can't you help us???"

"You know why I must go through with this so don't waste time!"

"Our saviour.... You've taught amazingly and we will represent everything you did for us from now on!"

"Thank you. As long as you vow to do this, your power is to be dutifully collaborated toward improving our cities and opposing the failures of government. Green Till opens a gap that makes anything possible. Lead everyone righteously to ensure that the opportunity cannot be abused."

Ramek said, "Good luck," then returned to the others intently. The legendary woman passed ficus, oak and rose bush as she traveled into the descending tunnel beyond.

"Have you gotten a response from Maniya," asked chief Ramek.

"They've iced Marbulli and have just started coming back here," one reported.

"I need them to stay out on the field; tell them to collect our Private Eyes from isolation."

"Yes sir, I understand."

"Now, I need the rest of you to send out the signal for a full alert."

"But, what's happening?" one girl asked.

"The Green Till Project is happening," said Ramek. One moment, everyone entered a respectful silence in knowing that the death of the Legend would result. Afterward, everyone showed compelling determination as they contacted everyone they could. Once they had sent out every signal they could, Ramek redirected their attention to him. "We all knew that this day would be upon us soon. Hell, we blessed and prayed that it would all turn out for the best when it finally came. But prayer won't carry us far enough; I need to see all of you at your best. We have learned how to fight, reason and war better than anyone else, yet we still face a grave challenge. Our first goal will be to redefine the Krypts and the Bloods. That's right, we are going to attack them at their hearts, no matter how many of them there are."

"We have calculated 16 major gang lords between both groups!" exclaimed a young ally. "What is this 'redefining' though? Are we establishing a takeover???"

"Exactly," said Ramek. "Our mission is to keep the major influences alive where we can, then direct them to make an astounding change across the United States."

"Alright!" another exclaimed. "Let's get this done!" He donned a mask with a Daisy flower whose green fell from forehead to nose. The other members disguised themselves as well. The reporter wore Lavender, a mask illustrated by the flowers most. The young intelligence gatherer concealed himself with a mask of the Violet and its shrub. The girl's mask was lightened by a yellow Tulip over thick waves of leaf. Ramek bore the symbols of Narcissus, flowers which encircled the eyes and whose grass blades rose from the bottom of the mask diagonally in toward the nose.

Ramek gave the command; "Assign the rest of our sector to the nearest location," he said to the Violet. "Point us in that direction as well."

"They are centered right in the deepest streets of Detroit," Violet said.

"Everyone, work your way there individually!"

"You are too important to try on your own!" said the Lavender to Ramek.

"If you worry, then you will miss the key moment," Ramek decreed. Before the others could move, the Narcissus descended into the same tunnel as the Legend, while the others followed behind. They turned off the path to a equipment room where they armed themselves and changed into combat enhanced clothing that was specially designed for the day. They all dived into an underground waterway and entered a fierce tide which journeyed into urban Michigan. Few minutes had passed before Violet emerged at the first stop. Ramek knew that the boy had engineered wings into his suit and could manuever them well to glide anywhere over the city from a nearby skyscraper. The rest were focused on navigating through the dangerous neighborhood itself. Aayden made communication with Lavender, who reported that the scout traversed over to the target solo.

"Others will soon rendezvous with him," Lavender continued. "Crocus and Sunflower are poising an ambush group and Lily assorted a team of binoculars and snipers. Looks like we're expected to bleed them first!"

"Then forget about them and start getting serious," cautioned Tulip. "You guys chickened out when we first recruited, so this huge fight better be your best night or else we might go under, even with backup."

"All of you must remember your limits, too," said Ramek. "We definitely can't spread ourselves thin without seeing that others have us covered."

"Well here's the ladder," said Daisy, reaching to grab the rungs, along with the others. Suddenly, he asked, "Where's Narcissus."

"A crazy top-dog stunt as always," growled Tulip. "He'll probably crawl into their walls and get right up to the lead man, or something OD like that." Everyone in the remaining crew was thankful, however, when they found Crocus and Sunflower at their side the moment they rose from the depths.

"You cats down?" asked Crocus. "We'll murder those assholes once and for all. Imagine the new generation! Too bad what happened with Legend."

"But it's about to get real and we owe Legend to that," admitted Sunflower. Taking out her glocking and firing it into the air, a hundred Krypts appeared from the shadows. "Dead men!" she cried as she followed four others and Crocus into battle and the Narcissus squadron followed behind. The ambush continued as four more of their number would appear from the sidelines each minute. Everyone had no problem using their agile martial arts skills in the gunfight and numerous approaches taken by the team rattled the enemy with surprise. Pacified, the enemy no longer persisted, but Sunflower yelled, "Come on. We have a whole 'nother block of these punks to put up with!"

Daisy preempted the enemy when more arose from hiding - he had been holding a flash grenade which he prophetically tossed into the enemies vicinity. However, two flowers wilted into the ground and the squadron pulled back immediately. It seemed that they had some good snipers in their ranks, but Daisy and Lavender tossed in smoke grenades from various angles and produced the needed cover.

Tulip unsheathed a katana and swept along the walls as she skillfully decapacitated her enemies. She tunneled her way further through the defenses with her own spray of smoke bombs and found even more strength to her strategy when Sunflower began firing her gun with a few others' in order to distract the snipers/

Crocus scaled the walls of the houses and weeded out hiding places, finding some of the snipers alongside Lavender in due time. Crocus then valiantly attempted a direct route toward the enemy stronghold. He managed to approach the door, but a voracious assault of Uzis and AK47's held him off from further action.

Lavender heard the concentrate automatic gunfire and unpacked the optimal weapon; a grenade launcher load with sleeping gas bombs. He fired accurately over a safe distance and happily witnessed his masked brigade pass through the door.

Crocus encountered an enemy in close quarters, but he was already prepared with a pair of nunchaku, which he struck with like a scouring wind. He led a mercilessly quick assault on any foes ahead of him while Daisy and a few others tailed him and shot those above Crocus that would have gotten a clean shot at his back. Unfortunately, four of the reinforcements died in this approach. Daisy and Crocus were getting exhausted and two doors stood before them on the top floor. Daisy decided to wait at the staircase when Crocus chose a door he believed to lead out to the roof. His guess proved itself true, but he shied back quickly at a rain of fire which pierced through the door to injure him. Crocus skillfully fell part way down the staircase, but Daisy remained petrified. The wall of the other door, which feigned a mysterious silence, instantly filled with bullet-holes. Daisy spilled over with horrendous gore.

"Shit!" said Crocus remorsefully. "How did I get this guy's blood on my hands?"

Lavender and Sunflower finally arrived for the final scene, but Tulip remained absent. They rallied Crocus to continue the fight and he willed himself onward. Additionally, something broke through a lower window. When they investigated, they found Violet, somewhat bloodied. "So much for our lookout team," he said. "They were dead before I got there and I fended off too many of those guys by myself!"

"Well get ready," squawked Crocus. "This is the end of this."

The party ascended the stairway intrepidly, but with a strained pace. They stopped when they realized that they could not safely approach the doorway and could only wait.

The door opened.

Everyone screamed out as they acrobatically advanced toward the door simultaneously. Relief slowed them immediately when Narcissus spoke. "Congratulations! We've almost won. The head is just up those stairs" Voicelessly, they strode toward the door to make an all-out attack. Effortlessly, they defeated everyone through the door. Then, they realized that the boss already cowered in the arms of Tulip, who held her sword to his throat.

"What do you want?!!!" shouted the agonized man. "You can take my weapons and money, but you can't escape the rest of the Krypts around me. I can't call them off and I'd rather not let you survive anyway!"

Tulip blunted the man with the bottom of her katana. "Quiet!" she said. "We don't have to keep you alive and we can scatter from here when we want."

"She is right," said Ramek. "You better be good! Now I will ask you for a different answer than the one you just gave us; will you stop the violence of the Krypts?"

"I said, I can't," he maintained.

From the clouded skies, a moderate chime echoed into everyone. A wash of monochrome filled the world. A wash of green colors. Green Till activated with the life force of the Legend as its source. Ramek asked the question a second time.

"Yes, I can," he said. "I stopped them somehow and all of them will never hurt anyone anymore."

While this act seemed like a mocking gesture, the group marveled in their fortune. Krypts no longer existed if a similar statement came from each major territory. The Bloods would end their violence the same way. Everyone understood the effect of Green Till's miracles in their hearts because life changed in its moments. "One more question," said Ramek. "Will you command the Krypts to turn their manpower into an agarian community? Will you form an Arcadia from them as they run natural farms which will be guided by nature and require little labor to operate?"

"Of course I will!" exclaimed the boss. "In fact, your request excites me unlike anything else!"

"Yes, you can see it," said the Narcissus. "If we had just farmed this way in the beginning, then few would have wanted these cities, which soon filled with corruption. History, as the Legend taught us, asked us to proceed into the ways of natural farming and display our willpower in removing ourselves from the dangerous materialism which once bought our admiration. If only we knew how our would unwound into emptiness after that revolution. If only we could have spared ourselves from the damage of ignorance. However, it was this lack of knowledge that would always cause mistaken progress to take place. Our true responsibility has been to act quickly to prevent as much of the preordained damnation as possible once the vision manifested. Today, you promoted the best event that history will ever know. Be happy. Be excited. What else could you be?"


Within the hour of Green Till, evil had been purged from much of North America and Mother Nature began to smile in rejoice as her proud, little creations healed her weary body through their divine goal.



Words: 2,530
© Copyright 2013 Acme Spire (deidrenarga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1942248-Agarian-Streets