*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1943434-Basic-Decencies
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1943434
this might sound obvious, but some people have none
Some people have no basic decencies. I was shocked to see what some people do to others. Therefore, I decided to compile a list of what I considered to be basic decencies.

1. hold the door open for the person a few steps behind you.
It won't kill you to stop and wait a few seconds to hold the door open for somebody a bit behind you, so why do so many people just open it and walk through? Others will walk through the door somebody else held open for them, and let the door swing shut in somebody else's face.

2. If somebody is hurt, be nice to them.
Sounds like something from kindergarten, doesn't it? Some people are nice in front of others, but privately, turn snarky.

3. Replace things the way you found them, especially if you borrowed something.
for example, last night, my sister unplugged my iPad charger to charge her computer. when I went back to plug in my iPad, she unplugged her own, but didn't plug mine back in. Again, you're already there, taking out your own plug. Mine is right htere in front of the socket. Why can't you do a good deed and help me plug it back in?

4. Wait for the person in your group who is lagging behind. (especially if he/she is your family)
Not only is it nice to wait for that person, but what would you do if (worst case scenario) you're too fast and that person loses sight of the group and gets lost? Then what?

5. Don't go yelling the same thing over and over again through the house, especially if it's because somebody didn't do something.
First off, it's rude. Secondly, it gets annoying. Thirdly, say it too much, and then you aggravate everyone else too. Lastly, if you're screaming it, chances are, the person heard you the first time.
© Copyright 2013 Dragon is hiding (flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1943434-Basic-Decencies