*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1944446-Letters-Part-3
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Emotional · #1944446
Part 3 in a series of letters to and from God.
Dear God,
         Hi! It’s me again! I know it’s been a few years since I last wrote to you and I apologize. It’s been a busy few years for me. I also couldn’t find any inspiration it seemed like. Every time I went to write, I just couldn’t find the words. I don’t know if the Devil was clouding my thoughts or what, but I just couldn’t write. Either way I’m writing to you now, which is good.
         My reason for writing this time is, once again, invisibility. Now, I’m not talking about my time spent invisible, so don’t think that. I’m worried about others and their tendency to go unnoticed. Teenagers all over the world seem to be acting out in violent, abhorrent ways. Is that because they feel like they’re invisible and just want to be seen? Or is it because they’re actually a bit too visible? Everyone notices them, maybe in the wrong ways, and they would just like to be left alone?
         It’s not just the teens that are acting out, it’s also adults. People all over the place seem to be forgetting that we are supposed to love each other, not hate and fear one another. We use race, beliefs, and looks as reasons to harm one another instead of using them as reasons to love one another. We use beliefs, mental issues, and family problems as excuses to do what we do. There are no excuses to harm one another, none whatsoever. But yet, we still say that we kill for our country, for our God, and for family. There are no reasons to take another life. A life that could’ve held so much promise, a life that one day could’ve helped someone else in their time of need. I’m just concerned about the state of the world. Will it continue to get worse? Or will it eventually get better? I pray that it gets better.
        I want kids, lots of them, but this world is mean and no place for a child, not anymore. What kind of person would I be to bring another person, kicking and screaming, into this world? Why would I want them to have to see the things I’ve seen, hear the things I’ve heard, endure what I’ve had to endure, do the things I’ve done, say the things I’ve said? People everywhere are being abused, raped, murdered, and just put through hell for no good reason. Actually there is no reason at all.
        There are a few reasons that I still want to have children though. I would want them to see this world that you have created. I’d want them to see the creatures, the mountains, the oceans, the rivers, the valleys, the skies that you molded. I’d be selfish to deny anyone the privilege of experiencing the amazing wonders you’ve created. I also have to admit that I want to do my part to help the family name live on. I may not be particularly proud of all the things that people in my family have done, but they’re still family. And the biggest reason of all that I want kids, I just want to look into my children’s eyes and see infinite possibilities, infinite love, infinite growth, infinite wisdom. I want to look at my child every day and be able to smile just because they did, laugh at their laugh, cry when I see them cry. I just want to hold them knowing that I helped bring life into this world. I just pray that I never lose one for any reason. I’ve felt that pain already and for a child that wasn’t even mine. I still feel that pain and I probably always will.
          But I have faith in you. I know that whatever you have in store for me can only be good. I look forward to my future now. Thanks for everything. I’ll be writing you from time to time from here on out. By the way, you’re no longer invisible, not to me anyways. I see you now and you know what? I’m glad I do. Thanks.
                                                                     Sincerely,
                                                                               Brian
© Copyright 2013 Slyralxi (slyralxi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1944446-Letters-Part-3