*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1946245-THE-PROPOSAL-ONE-SATURDAY-NIGHT
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by QnBeee
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1946245
An evening out on the town. Can Dexter change Wendy's mind?
It was 7pm, and she is here all alone.  Wendy casually rolled off of the cushy burgundy couch to go into the kitchen, wondering what she was going to do this evening.  She was tired of watching these investigative shows.  She'd been doing that all day.  Now she's bored.  After a few moments, she turns to open the black, magnet and note filled refrigerator to retrieve the Zinfandale.  Reaching for a rose colored wine glass, the phone rings.  She kept doing what she was doing as if, it can wait!  Filling her glass, she reaches for the phone on the wall, “Hello?”

“Hey beautiful!  Whatchu doin?”  Soft music was playing in the background to go with the sexy in his voice.

A smile grew upon her face as she instantly came alive, but cool, “Hey Dex, what's up?”  She took a sip of her wine, “I'm just sitting here doing nothing.  I was watching Investigative reports all day, and you know how that can take a toll on you.  I just love the investigative techniques they use, but it can get depressing, you know.”

He laughs, “Wendy, you know how you get into those shows, sometimes in an unhealthy obsessive compulsive way.”

“Yeah, you're right.  I guess that's why I'm trying to break away and do something different you know?”  Wendy had returned to the livingroom sliding her copper 5'8”, 125 frame in the same spot that she's been.  Looking outside her bay window, she see's the sun bidding the world a goodnight.

“How about we go to dinner tonight, and see if that can bring your spirits up?  Then we can go listen to some jazz, or maybe even a comedy spot?”

Wendy had been sluffing around all day.  She was wearing her favorite shorts, and half shirt that she wears when she's just chillin' on a Saturday.  Not to mention she hasn't even touched her hair, “Dexter, I was just chillin' all day.  Give me a moment to shower and get ready.”  Wendy hung up the phone, finished her wine and proceeded to get ready.

Dexter was a close friend of Wendy.  They briefly dated, but she got beat out by a “DD” girl.  After a couple of years, that ended horribly, and he's been trying to get back into Wendy's good graces every since the ran into each other downtown.  He is always there for her, and she knows  that he's a safe option.  He wanted to take her out tonight, and she's not against a little fun and excitement.  An hour after hanging up with Dexter, he was at her door.  She was ready.  In the hour she was afforded to get ready, she managed to tear her room up with the selections she went through to look just right for this occasion.

“Hey!”  He was eating her up with his eyes.  He gently grabbed her hand spun her around.  Wendy felt like a princess.  It has been a while since someone has appreciated her as she should be.  Dexter was a 6'3” tall man who was a dark chocolate drop at 200 lb well cut grade A prime hunk of man.  Why Wendy wouldn't go further with him is only a question that she can answer.  “You ready to go?”

“Yeah, let me go grab myjacket.”  Wendy was wearing a brown tea length skirt with an orange sleevless blouse with a sweetheart collar.  The jacket was the same color as the skirt.  Dexter complimented her outfit by wearing brown trousers, and an oxford shirt spattered with eartone colors.

“You ready for some fun tonight?”  As they drive off in his forest green Bently.  The musice is roaring old time music.  It was Anita Baker's Rapture.  Talking about going back in the day!  In an odd way, it is seductive.

“Why are you making such a big deal about tonight?  What did you do today?”

With his eyes still fixed on the road, “I was just doing some thinking today.  You know we ain't getting' any younger.”  With Anita crooning in the background, “Rapture” I let that set in.

“Oooookay. . . so what conclusion did you come to?”

“We'll find out about that later.  Right now, I want to wine and dine you.”

“Why? What'd you do?”  She was half teasing, but she wants to know what's going on with her friend.

“We're going to go to get something to eat, and go from there.”  The track was playing another Anita Baker song, “Angel.”  Dexter was singing toward Wendy while the light was red, “Oooooohhhhhoooooohhhhhhh. . .If I could, I'd give you the world...”  Light turns green, and they booth laugh.

“Do you remember when we went to the park that day?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“I just remember that day, because you were interested in what my dreams were.  No one has ask that question of me.  Why?  Why did you?”  I was looking at the street lights as we passed them.  Turning into the crowded parking lot, Dexter drove around a couple of times before finally deciding to allow the valet to park his baby.

We were greeted as soon as we entered the Fresh Fish Company.  The lights were set to a romantic setting.  There was a lobster tank to your right as you entered the resturant.  The small 5'2” brunette escorted us to a private booth.  She was wearing a formal white dinner jacket, and black shorts, 2 inches above the knee.  “Your server will be with you in a moment, would you like something to drink before hand?”

“Thank you, we'll take a look at the menu first. Is there anything you would like to drink, Wendy?” There was dinner music playing softly in the background.

“No, I'm fine for now.”

“Okay, well your server will be here momentarily.”  With a smile, the hostess was gone.

“Now the reason why I asked you that question is because I wanted to see where your head was at, that's all.”

Taken aback, Wendy responded, “Well, how about if I was testing you like that?”

Laughing that sexy way that turns her on, “No, not like that.  I was interested.  What else can I say?”

“Yeah, well I just couldn't hold a candle up to those  DD's, now could I?”  He rolled his eyes at me while I laughed at him.
It had been five years, and as hurt as Wendy was, it was nice to see him returning  to where he should have been all along.  Oh well, that's water under the bridge now.  She just doesn't feel that romantic spark for him any more.  He hurt her.

“Look, I thought we were past that.  I brought you here for a drink and a good time. . .where ever that may lead.”

She looks into his eyes, “Where ever that may lead, huh?  We'll see about that.”  After dinner, they went to the jazz club, intensifying there desire for one another.  A surprise to Wendy, and a plan for Dexter. 
© Copyright 2013 QnBeee (qnbeee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1946245-THE-PROPOSAL-ONE-SATURDAY-NIGHT