*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1947781-Fan-the-Flames--Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #1947781
Strange things happen when Gumball's cousin comes to Elmore.
Everyone sat at the table enjoying breakfast and talking about what they were planning on doing today. Eventually talk turned to why Nicole had left in such a hurry last night after receiving a phone call. Between Richard's idea about winning an unlimited supply of sausage to Anais' cure for cancer, everyone struggled to stay in their seats. But as often happens when you're a sugar-high hormonal teenager, things got boring, fast. So with nothing else to do they decided to play Advanced Dodge or Dare. Until eventually on the third time around, and to the relief of the wall, they heard the front door open as well as Nicole talking to someone.

Everyone grew quiet as Nicole strolled into the Kitchen looking like she hadn't slept last night. Without looking at them she walked over to the fridge and got out some yogurt. Returning to the table she grabbed the remaining chair and sat down with a sigh. Closing her eyes, she began to weep softly. After a moment, she opened her eyes to find her family watching her. She felt her ears growing hot.

"What?" She asked, wiping her tears on her sleeve.

"You feeling okay, honey?" asked Richard. Pieces of plaster covering his body making him look like a ghost.

Sighing deeply, Nicole nodded. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Gumball exchange a look with Darwin. They both nodded typing furiously on their laptops, which had suddenly appeared on the table. She dismissed it as the homework they had forgotten.

"So, who were you talking to Mom?" Anais asked over the typing.

"When?"

"Twelve minutes ago, when you came home." Gumball and Darwin exchanged another look.

Nicole blinked slowly as realization came over her. "I-Carson."

"Carson?" Everyone asked.

"Your cousin, Carson. I completely forgot, he's still waiting outside."

Richard began choking on his toast. "He is?"

"He's my sister's son. Last week she…passed away in a fire. We're all he has left."

"Which sister?"

"Lucy."

"The one who everyone says works for the government, but no one knows what she does? That Lucy?

"Yes."

"The one who people say doesn't exist?"

"What are you getting at Richard?" Nicole asked, narrowing her eyes.

"I just don't think it would be a good idea if he stayed here." Richard shrugged.

Sensing danger Gumball pulled Anais into the hallway, with Darwin following carrying their backpacks.

"And why not?" Nicole demanded, unsheathing her claws.

Eyeing the claws Richard backed into the hallway before answering. "Because if Carson is anything like you or his crazy mother then he-"

Before Richard could even run, much less blink, Nicole was out of her chair and had him pinned against the wall. But before she could kill her husband, there came an ear-shattering explosion from outside that threw everyone off their feet.
© Copyright 2013 Black Ice (expect at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1947781-Fan-the-Flames--Chapter-1