*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1951831-News-Article----WDC--13th-Anniversary
by ruwth
Rated: E · Article · Contest Entry · #1951831
Written for a Contest in honor of 13 years of Writing.Com!
September 2013 - Writing.Com celebrates 13 years of being the number one on-line writing community. What makes this writing website stand out? It is more than a website. It is a community.

That sense of community starts with the owners. They are known on the site as StoryMaster and StoryMistress. Not only are they involved with the site on a daily basis, they are involved on a regular basis with their members. They know many of them by name.

Community involvement is encouraged. Those active within Writing.Com, reviewing and helping others, are often recognized with promotions to Preferred Members and Moderators.

Everyone works together under StoryMaster's leadership to maintain a safe environment. Content settings allow parents to feel good about their children participating in reading, writing and reviewing items appropriate for their maturity levels. Adults as well can be comfortable in setting their own preferences.

Within this safe microcosm, social opportunities abound. Scroll (kind of a group instant message) and Chat often overflow with nonsense one moment and serious consideration of literary or life issues the next. Private conversations can be conducted via instant messages and free email. Folks can keep up with each other via their Newsfeed, blogs and forums.

All of this creates that wonderful sense of community in which members thrive. Books are written, poems are written, essays, articles and MORE!

Once written other members are on hand to review, recognize and sometimes reward these items. Creativity is everywhere. Starting with StoryMistresses' s artwork and expanding throughout the site as members use all the tools created by that gifted businessman they know as the StoryMaster.

This site is flourishing because this couple gives more and more. They respond to the interests and needs of their members. The site can be used easily on a computer, an IPhone or an android device. It just gets better and better with constant and never-ending improvements for thirteen years and on into tomorrow.



~ ~ ~ ruwth ~ ~ ~

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.



The Christian Writing Contest  [E]
Featured in Schnujo's CONTEST CHALLENGE for June 2021!






© Copyright 2013 ruwth (ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1951831-News-Article----WDC--13th-Anniversary