*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1954215-Chapter-3--First-Date
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fanfiction · #1954215
The third chapter of 'Becoming Mrs. Seguin'
When I went back down to the kitchen to eat, I walked over to Aaron and gave him a huge hug. He was pouring syrup onto his pancakes. One of his hands was still holding the bottle while he hugged me back awkwardly.



"Ok, what was that for?", he asked me with an eyebrow raised.



"Being the greatest brother ever," I replied happily.



"I don't know what you're talking about," he said, going back to eating his pancakes.



"Karl told me that you're always talking about how proud you are of me to the team. That's so sweet of you."



"Well that's because I am...Wait, is that why you're all giddy? Did Karl ask you out?", he asked.



"Yup."



"Nice, my sister finally has a boyfriend," Aaron teased, ruffling my hair.



"He's not my boyfriend yet," I pointed out.



Our parents came downstairs and then we all had breakfast together. I spent most of the day packing for our trip to California. I brought a ton of swimsuits, since my aunt's house had a pool. And of course, there were several beaches in California.



Tuesday finally came and we all headed to the airport. I couldn't wait to get to San Diego. Aaron and I were both born there, along with our mother. Our dad was born in Australia, but he moved to California after he met my mom. His family still lives there, though. We visit them often.



A month in California goes by fast when you're having fun. We stayed at my grandma's for a week in San Diego. The following week was spent in Huntington Beach where my aunt lived.



Our remaining two weeks, we drove up North to stay with my uncle in San Francisco. Aaron and I both had lifeguard tans, especially me. There were a bunch of cute guys in California, but none of them could compare to Karl.



The plane ride home was rather dull. Karl's texts kept me occupied, though. He also texted me while I was still in California to ask how it was. There were only two weeks left until school started again. I was really looking forward to my date with Karl. I never went out with a guy before. Sure I've gone to the movies with my friends, but never alone with a guy. I've been asked out a few times, but I said no to all of them. I wasn't interested in anyone but Karl.



When we got home, I showered, brushed my teeth, then went straight to bed. It was already midnight, so I was dead tired. I woke up in the morning to see a text from Karl. He asked me if we could go to the movies on Friday, which was two days away. I got out of bed and ran downstairs to ask my mom if we were doing anything that day. She said no, so I texted him back saying I could.



I immediately texted my friend, Hayley, afterwards to tell her. She got all excited and told me I had to wear my cutest summer dress. I was planning on wearing a tshirt and a pair of shorts, but I guess a dress would work, too.



I was straightening my hair Friday evening when someone knocked on my door. I put my straightener down and went to open it. My mom stood there with a slight look of worry on her face. Was she going to give me, 'the talk' or something? Believe me, I don't plan on letting guys get in my pants any time soon.



"Christine, what time will you be home?", she asked.



"Probably around 10. The movie starts at 6 and we're having dinner afterwards," I told her.



"Alright. Just be careful ok? You know how teens are always getting into accidents these days. How long has Karl had his license?", she questioned.



"Well, he just turned 17 two weeks ago, so longer than me."



My mom seemed more reassured after I told her that. I didn't blame her for being worried. I would too if my daughter was going on her first actual date. The doorbell rang a few minutes later. I glanced at myself in the mirror one last time, and I had to admit, my strapless white lace dress looked really good on me. It had a thin, tan belt to go with it, too.



Karl was already talking to my mom by the time I got to the front door. He wore a pair of athletic shorts and a black Nike tshirt. He always dressed that way, and I liked it. We headed out to his car and he opened the door for me.



How polite, I thought to myself.



"So, where do you wanna eat afterwards?", Karl asked as he was driving.



"I don't know. Malone's sounds pretty good," I suggested.



"Sure. You look cute by the way. I normally never see you in dresses," he complimented.



"Thanks," I replied, smiling.



Most of the car ride was spent talking about my trip in California and Karl's football practice. The team was trying to get the State title this year. They probably would, since the new coach was a lot better, and the players trained extra hard this summer.



When we got to the movie theater, I offered to buy the popcorn and drinks since Karl said he'd pay for dinner later. After I paid for the food, I turned around to see Karl talking to Lizzy. She was with her friend, Dana. What were they doing here?



"Hey, Christine. Wow, how'd you get so tan?", Lizzy asked.



"I was in California for a month," I told her.



"Oh I see. Well, you two have fun," she said, giving Karl a smile.



Once Dana and Lizzy left, Karl and I went to find seats. Apparently, those girls had just finished seeing a movie. The movie we ended up seeing was actually really good. The ending even made me cry. Karl heard me sniffing and put his arm around my shoulder to comfort me.



"Hey, I didn't know you'd get all emotional. I would've chosen a different movie," he remarked, wiping some of my tears away with his thumb.



"No, I'm fine. I love movies with happy endings," I told him, reaching for a tissue in my purse to blow my nose.



Everyone else in the theater looked up at us. I guess I was the only one that cried. Karl started to laugh and I did too. We headed out of the theater and walked over to Malone's. That's what I loved about the city of Maple Grove. Everything was within walking distance of each other.



The weather was absolutely perfect. It wasn't too hot or humid, and the flowers were still in full bloom. Once Karl and I were both seated, he asked me what I wanted to have. I ordered the shrimp scampi and he ordered a steak for himself. The waitress flirted with him, but he didn't flirt back. I wasn't surprised at all. Karl was a total ladies' man. The girls at school loved him, even the teachers. He was just that charming.



By the time I finished my food, I was way too full to eat anything else. Karl insisted on buying dessert, but I told him that my stomach wouldn't be able to handle it. He ended up ordering a slice of chocolate cake.



"You sure you don't want any? It's really good," he said, offering me a piece.



"I'm sure, Karl," I replied with amusement, resting my chin on my hand.



While he ate, I stared at him in admiration. Was it even possible for a guy this perfect to exist? Not only was Karl hot and athletic, but he was also funny and sweet. I definitely was falling head over heels for him.



When Karl finished the cake, he paid for our meal, then we walked out to his car. The sky was a swirl of pinkish-orange due to the sunset. It was absolutely breathtaking. That's why this was my favorite time of the day during the summer.



We got back to my house at 9:45. Karl walked me to the door and stood there with his hands in his pockets. He didn't know what to say for a moment, so I spoke.



"Thanks for tonight. I had a lot of fun."



"I know, me too. We should do this again sometime," he said. I was about to open the door when Karl leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. "Good night, Christine."



I was completely speechless. I watched Karl walk back to his car and drive off. I went inside my house and closed the door. My heart was racing as I leaned against it, processing what had just happened in my head.



Karl Altenburg kissed me.





A/N- So...how did you guys think that date went? Does Karl seem like a good guy? In real life, my dad's family does live in Australia. I've been there twice already and I'm going again next summer. Thanks to everyone that's read this story so far! And don't worry, Tyler Seguin will show up after a couple more chapters(; Remember to comment and favorite!
© Copyright 2013 Christine Seguin (hockeylover19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1954215-Chapter-3--First-Date