*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1956187-Chapter-10--Back-in-Minnesota
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fanfiction · #1956187
The tenth chapter of 'Becoming Mrs. Seguin'
Once we were allowed to use our electronic devices, I pulled out my phone, only to be bombarded with a ton of notifications. Everyone on Instagram and Twitter was commenting about how I was so lucky to get to meet Tyler Seguin.



My friend, Sierra, was a huge fan of him also. I wonder how many tickets my mom had gotten for the game. If she did buy a few extras, I'd definitely bring Sierra, because I knew she would die to see Tyler play in person.



Around midnight, the captain announced our descent into Minneapolis. I couldn't sleep at all the whole flight, especially since I was so thrilled about the game on Friday. Everyone began to pile out of the plane and eventually, I stepped foot inside the airport. My mom called to tell me that she was waiting outside at the pick-up area.



When I walked out of the airport, the cold air nipped at my face. The snow was falling heavily, but then I saw my mom's SUV parked on the right. I grabbed my suitcase and ran over to it, quickly climbing inside. My mom and I embraced, then she began to drive out of the airport.



"So, how were your remaining days in Boston?", she asked me.



"Great!", I said happily.



I stopped to think whether or not I should tell her about the hockey tickets, but then I decided not to. She wanted it to be my birthday surprise, so I'd just act like I knew nothing about it.



"Waiting at the airport for hours must've been terrible, wasn't it?", my mom remarked. A huge smile grew on my face.



"Actually, it was pretty fun. You won't believe who I talked to the whole time."



"Who, dear?", she questioned lightly.



"Tyler Seguin from the Boston Bruins," I said nonchalantly, but deep inside, excitement was bursting throughout my entire body.



"Really? I don't believe you," my mom replied, her eyes focused on the road. I took out my phone and showed it to her.



"He signed my case and even bought me dinner."



"Tyler did? Wow, sounds like you had a great night. I know a lot of girls that would die to be you right now," she said with a smile.



By the time I got home, my eyes couldn't even stay opened. I went to give my dad a quick hug then headed upstairs to my room. I didn't even bother to change. With my hoodie and jeans still on, I soon fell into a deep sleep.



School resumed on Tuesday and I'm pretty sure no one was happy about it. In all of my classes, the girl hockey players kept asking about Tyler Seguin. I would just tell them the same thing every time, that he was extremely kind and humble....And very good-looking.



Most of the people in my school were going to the game on Friday to cheer for the Wild. I wasn't a fan of them, even though I lived in Minnesota. There was just something about the Bruins that I loved so much. Was it the way that they bonded as a team? I didn't even know.



My birthday was on Wednesday and my family went out to celebrate. It was during dinner when my dad handed me the tickets to the Wild game. I acted like I was surprised, but then I noticed that they had gotten a total of 5 tickets: two for them, one for me, and two for my friends. We were seated up in the suites too because of my dad's work.



I couldn't be any happier. I gave my parents a huge hug and thanked them. That night when I got home, I immediately called Hayley and Sierra to tell them about it. Hayley was super excited for the game, but Sierra nearly had a heart attack. She freaked out when I told her and started screaming. I mean, she did live in Boston for four years before she moved here.



Thursday after school, Hayley and I went to the NHL shop at the mall to buy her some Bruins clothing. She ended up getting a tshirt and hoodie. I decided to just buy a pair of sweatpants to go along with my hoodie.



Unfortunately when I got home, I had a load of homework to do. My brother called while I was finishing up my assignment for science to wish me a happy birthday. I wished he could've been here in person, but it was nice to at least hear his voice.



"Mom told me about how you met Seguin at the airport. Was he hot?", Aaron teased.



"Well, I stared at him for like, 5 minutes, so I'm pretty sure he was," I replied, slightly blushing.



"Nice. Wait, what colleges did you apply for again?", he asked.



"Harvard, Stanford, Penn State, and Madison," I listed.



"You should've done Notre Dame, too. Man, this school is amazing. Our football team's probably gonna go to the BCS Championships this year. Hey, remember that girl I told you about? Jessica?"



"Yeah, why?", I inquired.



"We're dating now. I think you guys would like each other. She's a Bruins fan, too," Aaron replied.



I congratulated him on finding a new girlfriend and then we both hung up to go to bed. Only a school day separated me from the Wild game. No doubt it would go by dreadfully slow. If only I had any idea what I was in for tomorrow...





A/N- Sadly, this is the last chapter I will be able to post since I can only have 10 items in my portfolio. If you guys want to read the rest, then go onto Wattpad. Just search the title, 'Becoming Mrs. Seguin', and it'll be on there. Trust me, go check it out or else you'll deeply regret it. The story just gets better and better.
© Copyright 2013 Christine Seguin (hockeylover19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1956187-Chapter-10--Back-in-Minnesota