*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1960487-Dreadful
Rated: 13+ · Other · Tragedy · #1960487
Well... I have little words for this. To put it simply, it's... dark. And my best work, so
The hall was dark, the windows were wide open with the chilling winds which blew through. The home of the snake anthro most came to know as Logan was cold, and appeared deserted. Along the entrance hall, marks lined the walls, soon stained with streaking blood that spanned across long distances. A fight seemed likely, but the marks were too shallow.. No, these were self inflicted. Blood drops littered the floor through the living room, towards the clattered, broken kitchen where more blood was pooled in the sink and across the counter, a bloody knife wedged into a soaking cutting board... The drops lead out, and a closet looked to have been thrown in, several cases littering the floor and going up the stairs until one would happen upon his room, revealing the snake's coils to be in a mess and his body splayed out partially, his wrists slashed open while a silvery revolver was clutched in his left hand, and there was a fine hole in the bottom of his jaw... Blood splattered the wall behind him, and the soft tune of a music box was heard not too far off as the recorded, looping voice of Logan was heard 'Ring around the rosie.. This evil thing... It knows me... Lost ones around me... I can't... fall... down...' the box hissed in solemn...

Away from the reaches of the fallen lay a small amulet hung on the side of a mirror, dripping in blood and covered in numerous cracks which reflected not the room before but the darkened fragments of memories and a shattered dream. Blood merely dripped from the center where a wrist was slashed wide open with a shattered fragment..

Soon a low hissing was heard, a heavily robed figure slowly approaching the corpse and resting a hand on the head, something low being muttered as the Snake's heart began to slowly work again thanks to the dark magic... He let out a gasp, the cloaked figure pinning him down in a very dominant position with two arms pinning his own down, a lower pair on his stomach and an upper pair gripping his head "You... I can make you.. powerful... You needn't end like this... I read your potential... You want less than power but more than death... I can give you..." The snake gulped, wriggling under the figure as the hood was withdrawn and it became apparent who he was speaking with. Almost the last face he wanted to see. He gulped, his pain addled mind and fear filled body nodding slightly before he let out a gasp as he was forced to look into those terrible, pooling six eyes of the god before him "Then swear allegiance to me... And your soul and mind shall then forevermore be protected by my own... Undying influence.."

The snake groaned softly, before managing to hiss "I... I swear upon it.. that my soul... Belongs to... you... I am one of yours... Under your service.. eternally" he said, before gasping as his head flung back, a red, wispy essence slowly beginning to flow from his body into the figure's palm, coiling around his fingers before being absorbed into the black scales. Curse hissed, exhaling a bloody mist over the snake before he began to disappear... The snake grunted, inhaling the mist as his wounds began to heal over, black markings tattooing over his chest and belly before he slowly sat up, feeling an amulet flow heavy onto his chest before he grunted and looked at the weapons around him, coated in blood... He shook his head and slowly got off of his bed, stumbling towards the door as his blood regenerated and flowed through his dry veins, resulting in the snake falling forwards into the window before collapsing upon himself, gagging and coughing as he realized what had just happened. Did he...?

Logan looked down at his chest, tracing along the strange markings and wincing a little bit as the dark energies within reacted to his touch. flowing underneath his scales as he felt a fire burn through his veins, twitching lightly before hissing lowly and letting his head hit the windowsill again. He did...
© Copyright 2013 Skorentre Vaelstrom (nuclear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1960487-Dreadful