*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1962626-Testing-Testing-2nd-Place
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1962626
His friends were only trying help. (Drama NL 11/20/13)
John doubled over in laughter. “And that’s not the best story about Steve either!”

Marissa gasped for air as she groped out “Please do tell!”

Steve’s eyes darted from person to person and he shifted his weight from one leg to the other.

“There’s the time he attempted to ‘take the lid off the metal swimming pool’.” John air-quoted.

Marissa gained some composure. “What was so funny about that?”

Steve’s brows furrowed at John and he slowly shook his head a couple times. He mouthed the word ‘No.”

John ignored the request and continued.

“Well Steve is out there banging away with a huge flat-blade screwdriver and hammer on this swimming pool when his girlfriend comes rushing out the back door to see what the awful racket was. Steve glances up at her and resumes banging. She asks ‘What are you doing?’ He answers that he’s taking the lid off the swimming pool. She holds her hand up to her face, holding back her laughter and says ‘That isn’t a lid. That’s the bottom of the pool. It’s upside down!”

Marissa burst out laughing and fell to one knee. John howled.

Steve’s face became flush and he balled his fists. He glared at John and stormed through the sliding door and into the kitchen.

Marissa nodded her approval at Steve.

“Was that enough?”

“Yeah. I believe that’s enough. Those have to be his three most embarrassing stories. This is all part of my plan.”

“But he looked really pissed at that last one.”

“He’s going to have to deal with it.”

“The anger management counselor said to challenge him. I’d best go see how he is.”

John slid open the door. Steve stood there, baseball bat in hand and John’s smashed X-box on the floor.




Flash Story
Limited to 300 Words
Must contain the line: "This is all part of my plan"

Featured in the Drama Newsletter 11/20/13
© Copyright 2013 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1962626-Testing-Testing-2nd-Place