*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1963384-Shallow-Blood
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1963384
Teens in the old cabin are troubled by a strange appearance of deaths in the group.
Shallow Blood


         A slight patter could be heard throughout the cabin. It was quiet enough to hear the slight dripping of the sink water. I could not help but feel a trace of fear. Not that it was scary, but the silence was all too suspenseful. I have never felt more alone. All day they were running around without me. They were having all the fun, but they weren't paying me any kind of mind. I eased my way out of bed, and made way into the eerie darkness. It seemed almost as if I was alone, but something inside of me was screaming otherwise. I couldn't shake the feeling of someone after me. As much as I hated to admit it, I would almost rather never came here. I was the odd ball out and I wouldn't be missed if I left. I reached to turn the handle on the kitchen sink. It was already turned completely off. Wait, where was the dripping coming from then? I was almost certain that it couldn't be the bathroom. I fought my way through the darkness once again; except this time I noticed the dripping was increasing in volume closer to one of the bedrooms. I stopped and knocked on the door. Nothing. No response came from behind the door. This was strange. I turned the door knob and creaked the door open. The sight was horrid. I had never seen anything like this. One of my so called friends laying lifeless across the bed; blood seeping out of her freshly sliced neck. Drip, drip, drip. The sound became almost haunting. I screamed for help. Jason rushed from his room into the doorway of the new crime scene.

"What the hell happened here?"

"I'm not... I don't know."

I wasn't lying. I have no idea what happened to Tara.
© Copyright 2013 Dreampoet13 (lonokechic10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1963384-Shallow-Blood