*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1964864-Sage-Advice
by LJB
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1964864
Young woman ignores a friends warning.
Sage Advice

“My God, Liz, he’s using you?” Gerry said. It was so cliché and yet, if I’d listened to her I wouldn't be here today.

    Those words are probably the most used lead-in line for a diatribe, I’ve heard, and usually delivered by a disapproving parent not because he/she knows the person in question, but they just don’t like them because . . .

    In this case though, Gerry knew Cameron Dalton personally. He was just the dreamiest guy in the entire school, he knew it too. He was tall with wide shoulders and narrow hips, he had stark blue eyes and blond hair. He was also the most self-centered bastard in the whole senior class. I can only say that now, after the fact, because it’s true.

Cameron had a closet full of broken hearts, he called them trophies. They were suckers like me, who fell victim to the most overused pick-up line in the whole world, at least in his case. (“Hey Baby, I’ve been watching your for weeks, and wondering if you would say no. I finally took the chance and here I am.”).

That like introduced me to the biggest mistake I’d ever make, and I’ve no one to blame but myself. I ignored Mom’s warning about Cameron, because she truly didn’t know Cameron, or so I thought. Anyway, Gerry echoed Mom’s warning. I got mad and accused her of being in cahoots with Mom. “Mina, your mom works with Cameron’s dad, and the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, at least not in this case.”

“Well,” I stalked off and went to the after-game bash at Cameron’s house. I never saw such an awesome place. It was bigger than the cathedral. Things got of hand, I’m pregnant, and Cameron doesn’t know me.
© Copyright 2013 LJB (ljbwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1964864-Sage-Advice