*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1965061-Autumn-PearApple-Pudding-Cake
Rated: E · Poetry · Holiday · #1965061
A poem about pears and apples for 12 Days Of Christmas Writing.
Grandma was so happy because her grandson is-
coming to visit. What to prepare for a special treat?
Autumn Pear and Apple Pudding Cake. Yes! He would love it.
Grandma hummed as she got out the baking utensils and cake pan.

She cut up the apples and pears and put them in a bowl.
She added cinnamon, ginger, sugar, butter, flour, vanilla and salt.
She added lemon juice, cornstarch, milk, tap water and love.
Grandma made sure to stir them well. It had to be perfect.

Grandma put the mixture in the baking pan and then put it in the oven.
She smelled the cinnamon and ginger. It always reminded her of Christmas.
This was a new recipe she had never tried and she was all excited.
She turned on the Christmas tree and the lights on the tree were so beautiful.

The oven timer rang. The treat for her grandson was done and Grandma smiled.
She carefully took it out of the oven. It smelled better even now that it was done.
She put it on the counter to cool and to her surprise a partridge flew in the window.
A lovely bird was he. A partridge in a pear tree. It is like he knew.

A knock on the door and her grandson yelling: "Grandma, I'm here!"
She let the handsome lad in and hugged him and touched his blonde curls.
The lad sat down at the table and Grandma served him his treat and his eyes lit up.
Grandma, this is great! What do you call this? I can taste pears and apples!

Grandma's eyes twinkled as she took a bite. It was perfect and delicious.
She told him it was a Christmas treat and she had never made it before.
She made it with love and the treat had gotten an approval from a partridge.
Autumn Pear and Apple Pudding Cake. Just add love and it is a great treat!

© Copyright 2013 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1965061-Autumn-PearApple-Pudding-Cake