*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1965348-3-French-Hens-A-Woman-and-Her-Beaus
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1965348
Two men in Regency times compete for the love of a woman. 12 Days Of Christmas Writing.
We had to write from a picture of a woman carrying a French Hen and two men carrying French Hens.

Eden Lyman wasn't rich but her parents weren't poor. She had a Nanny but now she was seventeen and the Nanny was no longer needed and her family had one maid with a stuffy butler who thought he was an Earl. Fancy that. The house they lived in had five bedrooms, large kitchen and a dining room to serve thirty people plus seven other large rooms. There was a big stable with horses and two barns. The house was plenty big. Eden's father was an Earl. Why was she gathering eggs from a French Hen? Her mother cooked the meals and it was Eden's job to help cook.

She heard voices coming over the hill. The Duke Reginald Malone and the honorable Count Jerome Mcavoy were arguing and carrying French Hens.

"I will make soup out of you if you don't stop pecking me!" Reginald yelled at the French Hen that he was carrying.

"Seems like the hen doesn't like you or want you anymore then Eden does. She is going to be mine, Malone! I don't like you, either."

"Think again! She has more to gain by marrying me and her father likes me. Your house is falling apart." Reginald had the French Hen under control now.

"We are in the process of fixing up the house now. It is bigger then Miss Lyman's house and she would be happier with me. I love her. She ignored you at the last ball!"

The men put the French hens down and started to duke it out.

Eden rolled her eyes. She didn't love or want either of them. She had flirted with them and let them kiss her. She enjoyed the attention. Other women thought they were handsome. Reginald had dark hair and blue piercing eyes but he was too skinny and had a big nose. Jerome had long unkempt brown hair and dark eyes and a nice build. He was tall and handsome in his own way. His voice could be heard all across England.

Eden was petite, with long red hair and green emerald eyes and wore her dresses low cut. She was beautiful and she knew it. She was too beautiful for either one of those pompous asses.

The men were still fighting. Their clothes were torn and Reginald had a black eye. Jerome fall down the hill and it looked like he sprained his ankle.

The other two French Hens ran over to the other French Hen and they were sitting together and had been watching the men fight.

Eden went to check on Jerome and he was moaning and groaning about his ankle.

"Marry me, Eden. I fell for you." Help me, my Darling." Jerome groaned.

"Don't go playing on Eden's sympathy. You made a fool of yourself. You may have a bad ankle all your life and Miss Lyman wants a man with two good legs and someone who is able to be a husband in every sense of the word."

"Stop it! You two disgust me. What makes you think I want either one of you? I have never promised to marry either one of you. I am going to get Jensen, our Butler to help Mr. Mcavoy and as for you Earl Malone, go home.

Just then a fancy white carriage and knights on horses were riding up to the Lyman Estate. One knight was blowing a trumpet and another knight was carrying a banner. The carriage stopped and a handsome man all dressed up in gold with a purple jacket and shiny black boots walked over to Eden. He embraced her and kissed her.

Jerome sat on the ground with a shocked, hurt look on his face and Reginald stood on the ground dumb founded.

"Gentlemen, do you know my future husband Prince Caleb Ashley? He is King Ashley's son. Darling, meet Reginald Malone and Jerome Mcavoy. They want to marry me."

The Prince and Eden laughed.

"Sorry, gentlemen, you have nothing to offer the lady and I have everything. If you don't want to be thrown in the dungeon, I suggest you leave. Knights, use my carriage to escort these losers off the estate."

The Earl and Duke were speechless. Eden hugged her Prince again. Eden and her Prince went into the house and Eden tossed a look at the two men who loved her and laughed.

Reginald went to help the knights with Jerome.

"I guess we both lost her. Let's call a truce and be friends. You know we could marry the McFarland sisters." Jerome said quietly.

"The last of the old spinsters. They aren't poor. So, my new friend if you are able, we will pay a call on them."

"Sounds good to me. Maybe we should bring them puppies? They love dogs. They aren't smelly and dirty like the French Hens. I hate those hens!"

"Me, too. Well, my friend and Ye Knights Of The Round Table, the Prince was nice enough to let us use his carriage. Thank his Highness for us."

The knights nodded and they got Jerome in the carriage and Reginald felt like a King as he sat in the carriage.

Eden married her Prince and Reginald and Jerome married the McFarland sisters. Eden made the Prince miserable and the McFarland sisters insisted their husbands let them raise French Hens. They did.

907 Words

** Image ID #781948 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1378168 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2013 Princess Megan Rose (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1965348-3-French-Hens-A-Woman-and-Her-Beaus