*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1965836-Goose-That-Lays-A-Special-Egg
Rated: E · Short Story · Holiday · #1965836
A family with bad luck lives start to change when a goose lays a special egg.
Jason and Elena Damond had nothing but bad luck The young couple couldn't get a break, Elena couldn't conceive. She had MS and could barely work now. Jason had just lost his high paying plant manager job because a new company had taken over and Jason was inexperienced for their products and they wanted to keep it in the family. Jason made unemployment but it wouldn't last forever. Elena's mother was sick with cancer and wasn't expected to live and Elena could barely manage to take care of herself let alone her mother. Jason had broken his arm when he fell off the roof when cleaning out the gutters. The Damonds weren't having a good time of it. Their dog Ferguson had ran away and no one in the neighborhood had seen him and the neighbors had never accepted Elena and Jason. Elena sat alone in her crafts room and cried. She couldn't scrapbook or embroider because of her MS.

It was a cold day and Christmas was three days away. Jason and Elena hadn't put up a tree and decided they weren't celebrating Christmas this year. It was snowing and Elena slowly walked outside to get the mail. She noticed a Canadian Goose by the pond. It was a beautiful creature and Elena carefully approached it. It was laying on a nest on a pink and white egg. The goose looked at Elena but didn't throw a fit. She was calm as she sat on her nest. Elena approached the goose and the goose rubbed up against Elena's hand. Elena fell in love with the goose and was curious about the candy cane color egg. She left the goose and went to tell Jason. He went outside to see the goose and the special egg. The goose was nice to him, too.

The next day, Elena noticed that she was walking without pain. Her mother called and said her cancer was in admission. Elena went to check on the goose and she petted the goose. The next day Elena was throwing up and sick. Now, she was worried. Jason got some good news. He got a new job at the Steel Mills as plant manager and this job paid better then his last one.

Elena didn't like being sick. She went to visit the goose and told her, her problems. The goose sat on her lap. Elena smiled.

It was Christmas Eve. 11:45, the phone rang. Who on earth was calling?

Elena answered the phone.

"Elena? Dr. Cross here. Sorry to call you so late but your lab results show that your MS is cured and you are three months pregnant."

Elena dropped the phone and ran to tell Jason who hugged and kissed her. Just then they heard a dog barking. Ferguson! Elena and Jason ran out the door and hugged the dog and he licked them and rolled over. He was so happy to be home.

It was Christmas Day. Jason and Elena along with Ferguson walked down to the pond. Elena hugged the goose and Ferguson gently smelled the goose. A baby goose was walking around and Elena hugged him, too.

"I want to thank you for your gift. I knew your candy cane colored egg was special but I didn't know it would change our life and things would be great. I love you and your baby. You can stay as long as you like."

The goose and baby honked and Ferguson barked and jumped around. Jason's arm was healed and the Damonds put up a tree and celebrated Christmas. They had a beautiful baby girl six months later. The goose and her baby stayed and were the Damonds' pets.

615 Words



** Image ID #1733115 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2013 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1965836-Goose-That-Lays-A-Special-Egg