*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1970535-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Personal · #1970535
This about the changes I am making to better myself in 2014!
Dear Me………….

By

Lisa Penny


Dear Me, I thank God I made it through to celebrate and bring in the New Year! Now a few days before the holiday I asked myself this question: How am I going to conquer being the Best me in the New Year? Let me start by saying this “2013 has been a very challenging year for me.” I feel like I have been on a roller coaster ride full of different twists and turns all year! Good and bad times, dealing with family, friends, being in a relationship and going to work dealing with my boss, co-workers, phone calls, training and meeting deadlines! Can you say SUPERWOMAN?! Yes that was me! A People-Pleaser!

In the midst of it all I took the time to do my own 2013 year of review. In regards to my personal and professional relationships. I uncovered a lot of truths about my relationships with family, friends, my man, my boss and co-workers. While I was busy trying to be Superwoman and please everyone I lost who I was in the process. Meaning I put God, my goals and things I enjoyed doing on hold to make sure everything and everyone were taken care of. I know I have been doing this for years and particularly this year it really took a toll on me and I was not happy. I realized I did not want to continue to be a people pleaser or superwoman for everyone anymore!

I realized I deserved to be happy and I don’t have to please everyone! I put my relationship with God on hold trying to do things my way! Thinking I could do everything by myself because everyone counted on me to get things done! Besides the fact I have been doing it for so long. I decided to make some changes for myself! In the last 6 months I have reconciled my relationship with God. I have changed the way I think and do things a lot different now.

I decided to let the Holy Spirit take over my life and lead, guide and teach me God’s way. I have learned how to put God first and me second! Anyone or anything that needs my attention if I am able to help or can be of any service I am available. I have a different outlook on my life now! I renew my mind daily by reading the Word! Listening to the Word! And Speaking the Word! I am at peace! I have an Attitude of Gratitude! I look different! I am full of Agape Love! I am being transformed into the woman God wants me to be!

Here it is: Being the Best me in the New Year will consist of me starting my days and nights in Prayer, Praise and Worship, Speaking, Reading and Meditating in His Word! Spreading the Gospel! I will be a friend, an inspiration, a prayer warrior and a blessing. I will empower, encourage, motivate, be positive, be kind, and spread the agape love to everyone that enters into my life. I will be a part of building up and winning souls into God’s Kingdom!

(532 Word Count)
© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Pen (lpenny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1970535-Dear-Me