*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1972312-Rumors
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1972312
Uncle Patrick owned Sal's Used Cars
Uncle Patrick owned Sal's Used Cars down on the highway, not really the highway, but the main road that ran through the town. Off to the side was Sal's and across the street was a new burger place. He hired his nephew Alexander to come by once a day after school to dust off the cars and on Saturday to wash them.

For Alexander it was a sweet after school job, ten bucks and all the donuts he could eat. Plus he was given the chance to spend some time with Miss Honeycakes, not her real name, but the nickname Alexander and his friends had given her for her special attributes. Uncle Patrick was Alexander's mother's brother who after several years of marriage to a former Miss New Jersey had divorced and was now living with Miss Honeycakes. Or so they say.

Uncle Patrick was a character of sorts, known to be a bit dubious. For example how he acquired Sal's Used Cars was a mystery. The story goes that he won the car lot in a crap game. His version of the story is that Sal the former owner had just grown tired of selling cars and decided to move to Florida, change his name and pursue his first love, dog racing. Miss Honeycakes was just part of the deal. All wrapped up with a bow.

“You are going to hear a lot of things about me. About what I do and what I won’t do. Don't listen to them. Do you enjoy working here at Sal's? If you do, then the hell with them. Whatta you think?”

“Okay.”

“That's my nephew. That's my sister's son. Hey, I hear you have a girlfriend, is that true? Hey, Alex here has a girl, whatta you think of that?”
© Copyright 2014 Duane Engelhardt (dmengel54 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1972312-Rumors