*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1974037-Some-Thoughts-for-2014
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Mick
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Personal · #1974037
About the new year, 2014
Some Thoughts for 2014


A few years back, people would ask me how things were going shortly after the new year began.  I answered that the previous year was the busiest I had ever seen.  Now, I no longer say that because in the last few years the responsibility, the opportunity, the ministry, and the needs of family seem to increase.  So, if you are experiencing something similar; I have a couple of things to share.

First, I have been saying to some of my family and friends of late; "ours is a walk of faith and we simply cannot know all the details until we need to act on them."  You see, our Father loves us so much that He knows that if He allows us knowledge of the future that we will miss the blessings and opportunities of today, Mt. 6:33-34.  Second, I have found out that most of what I can actually manage happens within a few days of the present. I do have several calendars I use to attempt to manage and anticipate the future, but at the same time, I realize that the important things are not a month out or 1, 2, or 10 years out; the things that the Lord wants me to address are usually right in front of me.  Most of the time, I can completely fill my day with the responsibilities the Lord gives me for today, tomorrow, and perhaps this week.

I know some of you are scratching your heads and even shaking your heads and asking, "what island does Mike live on?"  Well, island earth, I am just learning to walk by faith. You see, I have learned that I cannot control the future, even a few minutes away, but I can control what I do in the present, right now I can listen to my precious Lord and King and do His bidding or I can rush about (as I often do) and get in a tizzy trying to do things or handle things, or change things over which I have absolutely no control or influence.  So, you may be wondering what I do. I have an agenda for each day as I head to the office.  I have things that I think I have to accomplish and sometimes meetings to attend like yesterday--all I did was attend meetings--but, I try (emphasis) try to hold my agenda with an open hand realizing that my God may not want to use MY agenda and wants me to follow His agenda for the day.  When I do that by faith, it is amazing what God does in one day, how He let's me enter into His plan, or how fulfilled I am at the end of a very busy day.

May you be blessed in 2014.

PS. I do think a lot about the future, just try to keep it in perspective.


© Copyright 2014 Mick (mike_pickle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1974037-Some-Thoughts-for-2014