*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1975012-Dear-John
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Relationship · #1975012
Voice of an abused woman.
Dear John,

          I’m writing you this letter because I have a major concern to bring to your attention. You may not like the things that I’m about to mention. It all started with that first blow to my face, it’s a memory that I won’t ever be able to erase. Let me tell you about the key that pierced me in my back, I still have the scar and won’t ever forget that. Blood on the dash board from a bloody nose; scratches on my neck my chest and my throat. Bite marks on my wrist, my leg, and my face. These wounds are all from bouts of anger that you brought into our place. The frustration, which leads to immediate inebriation, causing her to lash out with no memorization of what she’s done to me; I understand it’s just a cry for help; she’s speaking to you through me and I’m left with the whelps. The mental anguish and emotional bruising that you placed upon her when you took away her innocence; left her broken unable to love no trust just remnants; of what you left behind when you crossed that uncrossable line. I’ll never understand why a woman or a man would be so desperate as to take away someone’s youth through sexual abuse. How your self-esteem was so low that you took away her control. She says people do what they want and that’s what helps her get by but I’m the one who has to hear her cry. When she blacks out she doesn’t see me, she sees you, so she fights for her life and I’m the one misused. All the apologies in the world will never make her whole; because when you laid down with her you took away her soul. I’m here picking up the pieces because I promised to love her through and through but I thought that you should know that when you molested her, it’s like you molested me too.
© Copyright 2014 SHEIS76 (cspittman76 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1975012-Dear-John