*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1977490-Unexpected
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Writing.Com · #1977490
While recieving your change, the cashier also hands you something very peculiar...
While handing you your change, the cashier also hands you a very small coin. You look at it. The coin seems to be made of silver on the outer ring near the edge, and on the inside, near the center, is solid gold. You are the only customer in the store, and the cameras are pointing at the doors, not the cashier's station. When you look up to question the strange, twitching little man with the lazy eye who had rung up your purchases, he is nowhere to be found. You turn, looking for any sign of where he might have gone, and your eye stops on a sign hung on the register that says it's been closed for maintenance. The receipt is still in your hand, your items in the bag slung on your arm. He couldn't have disappeared! Yet, when you look, he's nowhere to be found. You look back at the coin. On the face of the coin are two words. One side says Eternum, the other side, Fin. You think the coin strange, and give it a little flip for good luck. When you catch the coin and clap it down on your other hand, grocery bag swaying slightly, the world suddenly shakes and the sky cracks open. You look outside and see an enormous rift in the blue of the sky, within such holds an amber colored world, spewing forth nightmarish creatures. You look at the coin again, and it says Fin. A small chuckle breaks you from your reverie. The twitching man who had given you your things and the coin is smiling strangely at you as his form shifts and changes into one of those creatures from the tear in the sky.



"Aaaah, the end. A single flip of that coin, and your whole world belongs to me. Funny thing about leprechaun gold... it always like to land face up."



As you look down at the coin, you realise that a small face was etched into the F in "Fin". You have just broken the world. What will you do?
© Copyright 2014 Michael Roeing (michaeljroeing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1977490-Unexpected