*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1978219-Forgotten
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Activity · #1978219
looking back on a dream
“I lost something”…              I suddenly woke up from my daily slumber bearing a thought of something I lost. Amazement was swelling inside me. It was neither a simple object or a memory, or atleast I think that way. As I recall, the last thing I remember is “FRIDAY”. Friday….Friday….Friday, like a bell it banged my head and the waves it resonated gave my spine a chill. What is so special about…….FRIDAY.



Oh! It was Friday yesterday. The day was normal as always; nothing specifically happened between good morning and good night.I just can’t seem to catch it. I’m wasting my precious time was simply being wasted because of a sheer anxiety. I can’t spend my time not like that. I’ve become a responsive adult, or at least I have to try to be responsible….

Curses….what was I thinking….with a little time spent on hesitation, I traced backwarks….the last thing I remember was my dream…

no! 1 don’t .I can’t  seem to get a picture of it .I don’t even remember that some told my dream “On Friday”….on……on……..ooooon……….hmmmmm

giving up, I followed my daily bring routines….except for the breakfast…I had to skim through the newspaper before that. Some annoying habit that forced in by my father.He was forcing …always forcing me to do this and that, you know…all that academic stuff. Not that any other person would care.All those things that make you an intellectual but the life you have doesn’t need any of those. I can make it sound more complicated and I can’t cook. THAT’s right.

I have to eat at this hotel because I cant cook and they give me a discount for being regular and all.Back to the newspaper. HEADLINES of death,death anniversary,accidents,govtment collapsing…..that’s enough fo the day……God I’m hungry….

As I locked my apartment,I had long forgotten about something that woke me up. Then how am I thinking that I forgot something when I wwoke up. NO way!

Finally it came to my senses….”It was a book that I wanted to give my dad on his birthday next Friday, and I was dreaming that I got him a wrong book ,actually a cook book which I’m now reading .”

So what was it that I actually lost?

© Copyright 2014 auroran (hawking11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1978219-Forgotten