*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1979165-Reborn-From-Ice
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1979165
This book contains Betrayal, survival, the adventure of a lifetime, and heavy sarcasm.
Chapter 1:
I awoke from my dreamless sleep surrounded by thick shards of ice. I tried to force my brain to remember something, anything before now...but it was a failed attempt. I pounded on the ice like a delusional mentally ill patient attempting to escape an insane asylum. I beat and clawed at the stubborn block of ice trying to find a weak spot hidden in its depths, until finally I heard a sickening crack. At that moment I should've been alarmed and frantically checked my arm or hand...something other than just stand there with a Cheshire grin plastered on my face, but hey, it is what it is. Then, all of a sudden I felt a surge of joy course through my body like a tidal wave of emotion wiping out an island of fear, doubt, and uncertainty. Looking at the shattered ice before me, I knew that I had done it; Finally!!

I carefully made my way out of the icy prison and looked up at the sun as it beat down on me with its powerful rays. I closed my eyes and basked in its warmth and twirled in circles trying to warm my body up, considering I've been in the ice for who knows how long. Now that I think about it...How do I not have hypothermia?? Or what if I do and I just don't know it? I've never had the illness before, but I'm gonna make a wild assumption here when I say that I'd probably know if I had hypothermia or not. Anyways..when I finally decided to take a break from my childlike lolly gagging, I slowly trudged down the slope of snow that covered the ground like a blanket. As I got to thinking, I had no idea where I was or how to get back to wherever I came from. In fact, I had no idea who I was!? Well, I guess it's safe to say...I'm royally screwed. Ain't that just wonderful?? I thought so to.

As the sun began its descendant from the late afternoon sky many hours later, I sat in a cave about a few miles west...or is it north?? Ah heck!! I really suck at direction. As I was saying, I was huddled in the corner of a cold, pitch black cave right smack dab in the middle of a mountain with tons of piles of snow collected at its peak. Wise decision on my part right?? I mean, it's gonna be SO much fun if and when I make a loud noise and my scronny butt is running from an avalanche! Yea...let's hope that don't happen cause I probably ain't the best of runners. I moved to the entrance of the cave and sat with my head in my hands. Hopefully this cursed winter will be over soon and I can find some wood somewhere in this winter stricken land. Until then, I wait....
© Copyright 2014 PeanutButter23 (peanutbutter23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1979165-Reborn-From-Ice