*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1981390-Dog-with-a-special-purpose
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1981390
Dog story
Dog

Canid, animal, mans best friend, or perhaps not? This all depends on a persons experiences, or the lack there-of, and their reactions to certain breeds of dogs based on what they were brought up to believe.

My Definition, or Rather My Experiences and My Story


I've been around dogs all of my life. From an infant to young child, preteen to teenager, young adult to adult, and then senior citizen. For years I knew many wrong ways to work with dogs mostly because it was what I was taught. In my opinion, I was taught how to be cruel and a horrible trainer. This was not the worst! I didn't know that I didn't know, so I didn't question if psychology had a place in dog training. worse yet was the people who taught me how to train a dog didn't know they didn't know either and never thought about psychology as well. Nothing like the blind leading the blind or the unlearned teaching the unlearned. The worst part about this situation was the dog suffered because of ignorance. I should regress a bit and tell you that we had a dog who lay beside me when I was an infant. I was told that Rusty, a ChesapeakeBay retriever was a very good dog. I do not remember him. He is in my head because I was shown a picture of me on a blanket with Rusty laying beside me.

In Elementary school I think I was in second grade, my sister and I were given puppies several days after Christmas. WE were thrilled and the pupy I grabbed was the one I wanted to keep, even though my sister and I could have swapped these small wonderful creatures.
© Copyright 2014 dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG (vpbanjo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1981390-Dog-with-a-special-purpose