*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1982633-The-Sims-Fan-Fiction
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1982633
Created for the Pantsers United Comedy Contest!
The sun was shining high over Sim City, the battle at the Travel Agency well under way. The Sims had been fighting so long, they could hardly remember why. But Lucy knew why, and she knew why the battle must be stopped. Hand in hand, she and Nick ran toward General Anthony, who was sitting on his horse, surveying the fighters.

“Flargus nar!” Lucy cried as she and Nick approached Anthony. “Bakus floo kooba, de?” Nick turned to her, confused. Why had she lied to him about the woman, and yet told this man, practically a stranger?

The general looked down at Lucy as well, surprised. “Gur kooba sa freddy? Dorbus!” It couldn’t be, surely. He knew what was going on in the battle, he was always so very sure of everything. Why should now be any different?

Lucy replied gently, “Bu derdus glor flom.”

Anthony turned away from the pair and stared across the battlefield, the reality of what he was doing sinking in. “Bakus plumfa neer. Doe.”

Nick felt the same way as the general. He turned to Lucy, for the first time recognizing what a beautiful, independent woman she was, and cupped her face in his hands, speaking gently to her. “Gur forze de flur narba.” He saw tears spring into Lucy’s eyes, and knew he’d said exactly the right thing.

The general looked on with a growing compassion. He spoke from his heart. “Sur. Barba doozle ka flida bun. Gurtru gu eeda mar.” He couldn’t let this torment go on any longer. The two loved each other, it was clear as day.

Lucy turned away from Nick and toward Anthony, now grinning from ear to ear. “Wada?! Ga, fooda de bakus forp! Dana!”

The general nodded. It had to be done. He turned to his troops and shouted, “NORR! BADDA DEE NORP!”

The troops let out a simultaneous yell of, “MARDA!”

Lucy knew she would remember that one word for the rest of her life. And Nick knew the secret that Lucy had shared with he and the general would remain with him forever. The battle, in both the pair’s love and in Sim City, had ended, not with violence, but with the power of words, and the power of love.

THE END

(Word Count: 377)
© Copyright 2014 The Hanging Wallflower (bluewallflower at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1982633-The-Sims-Fan-Fiction