*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1984034-Centrifugal-Rush-Im-Anonymous
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Mystery · #1984034
Wilbert Schmidt, the curator of the Pergamom museum is followed by anonymous people.

ROUGH DRAFT

Student name: Vaishnav Muralidharan

Grade: 7

Section: C

School: NPS International

Centrifugal rush, I'm anonymous

"My Goodness"

The dark clouds played their loud drums and collided with one another for a resounding kiss, which caused its mouths to drool, that fell hard on the Earth like a boxer smashing his opponent with all his might. Wilbercht Schmidt had just locked the Pergamon Museum in Berlin, at 10:05 PM, and was about to cross the road which was already wounded by the weight of cars, but now, due to the hard rain, its wounds were even more vulnerable. Wilbercht was as white as a sheet, due to the fact that someone had been shadowing his footsteps. He had got into his car, and started to drive. He saw another red car through his mirror, following his, but it looked blur to him. After 10: 38 pm, Wilbercht's sense of being followed was over and the car vanished. Wilbercht now, was totally unprepared for what would come next.................

Albert Kelvin Patrick was enjoying the radiant serene morning as sunlight poured through his bedroom window. Then suddenly, his phone started chirping and fighting with his table, but it was Albert who called the war off. Configural_Rush__I_m_anonymous_Vaishnav_

"Mr. Albert, Agent 7. Please report to the MI8 Headquarters at 10 AM sharp."

"I'm working on a new case?"

"Yes, sir. You are expected to meet Tyranvetz Karpov at room 11. A new client is waiting for you, sir." Configural_Rush__I_m_anonymous_Vaishnav_

"Name, please?"

"Thank you, sir"

"Wait!"

The phone got disconnected abruptly. Albert was pondering about the phone call. He was so curious and started getting ready. He soon was on his heels and reached the headquarters at 9:45 AM. The hair covering his body started drooling from top to toe. But Albert wasn't the only one sweating out a topographic copy of the Nile River. He saw his new unwell client, gasping and puffing and panting.

"We've got this new client, Wilbercht Schmidt, curator of the Pergamon Museum, here in Berlin", said Tyranvetz Samuels Karpov, Albert's colleague in MI8 who had assisted him in many of the city's baffling cases.

"Karpov, give me some time to get the information needed from our new client."

"Sure, Albert. Go ahead", replied Karpov who left the room in a jiffy. Albert then turned to Wilbercht. He invited him to express his problem.

"Mr. Patrick, as you see, I am a 74 year old curator in the Pergamon Museum. I used to be an archaeologist before, but I quit my job due to an expedition failure. Ten years ago, Dr. Seen How Hyung, another archaeologist had accompanied me to an exhibition to find the holy cross on which Christians believe Lord Christ was crucified. According to some accounts, it was located in Jerusalem, now called Istanbul. A man named Gunter Goy had told me that he would sponsor an Exhibition in Jerusalem, for me and my partner. But the expedition had failed, as he had fooled my partner and me by sending another man to retrieve it and gave to the museum, earning a high profit. Realizing the risk of my job, I had no choice but to resign. Since last week, I have been receiving mysterious phone calls asking me my address and official details. I even received a warning DVD! Do allow me to play it, sir", finished Wilbercht as he took out his DVD and played it:

"Wilbercht Schmidt, do not be alarmed! I know about your exhibition in Jerusalem. I heard that your partner has a secret map for study created by a Crusader when Richard the Lionheart attacked Jerusalem. What I need you to do is contact him and get the map from your partner and hand it over to me. Remember, do not call or inform the police. That kind of an action just means that you are signing your own death warrant. You know very well what I mean. You have one months' time."

"I got this next to my door one morning. No idea who did it", said Wilbercht.

"Was it a child who pranked a phone call randomly?"

"No, it wasn't a child's voice. I'd swear to it", replied Wilbercht.

"Mr. Wilbert, do you have any raged opponents or enemies?"

"Of course not!" said Wilbercht, shuddering. Albert at once could make out that he was lying. He then ended his meeting with Wilbercht and got on to work on his new case. Wilbercht had left the room and Karpov bid him farewell and assured his safety.

The dark clouds had loomed over the sky, and Wilbercht had been pacing up and down, trying to figure out who the culprit was. Karpov's men had been strolling around the street, only to ensure Wilbercht's safety. Wilbercht then had a sudden rise of fear; a lift had landed on his floor! He immediately punched Albert's number.

"Mr. Patrick, I'm in trouble now. Someone's here....... AAAAHHH!"

Albert first heard a bullet shot, then heard Wilbercht scream and drop his phone which thumped on the ground. He then immediately informed Karpov regarding this and both were on their heels to the murder scene. Upon reaching Wilbercht's house, both of them saw Wilbercht's corpse lying below. Blood had flown out, and they realized that Wilbercht had a message for them written with his own blood. He had written a C, and below it, an arrow pointing to the right, and below that, the number two. Karpov, then suddenly fainted. Albert ordered a few officers to admit him to the hospital and keep a close watch on him.Configural_Rush__I_m_anonymous_Vaishnav_

The next morning, Albert had researched on Gunter Goy. According to the researches, Gunter was extremely rich and had sponsored Dr. Jonathan Philips' expedition of Alexius I and many other archaeological expeditions. It seemed that he was a secret man who sponsored World War II during Hitler's reign and had executed many. It seemed that he was the head of an assassin and terrorist gang, known as Heltzex. Gunter Goy was killed in a car crash two weeks ago, but his gang continued in execution of innocent ones.

Albert then moved ahead to find out more about Wilbercht Schmidt's failure expedition in Istanbul. Albert knew for sure that the culprit was a step ahead of him. He then went to his headquarters, but his mind did not stop buzzing about Karpov. Albert was not feeling well and his mind was pondering about the case. He tried getting into the shoes of the killer, planning out and committing the crimes.

Karpov was well again, although he worked from home. Albert then drove to Karpov's house to hand him a present for his return in work. On his way, in Deuver Street, he made a sudden halt and his car tyres ferociously licked the ground like a boy licking an ice- cream after starving for two days. Albert's heart banged the drums even harder. On the other side of the crossing area, Albert saw a man wearing the official uniform of MI8 and the man whom he was conversing with was none other than..... Lord of Heltzex, Gunter Goy.

He planned to take a video of the conversation. Albert saw that this man was from MI8, as when he lifted his arm, Albert saw that man having the official MI8 symbol and Germany's flag tattooed on his right elbow, which all detectives in MI8 had pledged to do to honour their job. The symbol of the agents' name looked familiar to him, but could not see it clearly. So, Albert took a photo of it.

Albert quickly drove away to make sure not he was seen. He reached Karpov's house. He rang the bell trying to reach Karpov, but in vain. He then decided to call Karpov on his mobile. After a minute, Karpov picked the phone.

"Hello Albert, how was your drive along Deuver Street?"

Albert shivered. "How do you know I was there?"

"I mean... Fred told me."

Albert then made another call. When he had finished, Karpov was back. They then discussed the matter. Then, Albert asked him if he knew about Gunter, and Karpov turned crimson.

"I'm not sure. I'm not good with general knowledge."

"Perhaps. But you're certainly good at betrayal and murder."

Karpov rose up, his blood flushing to his cheeks. Albert simply smiled and clicked his fingers that commanded the whole force of MI8 barged in through Karpov's door with Gunter handcuffed. Karpov was terrified. Albert then rose.

"Karpov of Heltzex, you knew the clue given by Wilbercht was GG, which meant pointing at Gunter Goy, reasoning you to faint. You spotted me at Deuver Street and smuggled the holy cross and killed Wilbercht and Hyung. Fred was at home. It was you who spoke in the DVD. But Why?" asked Albert.

"Money and war" answered Karpov, his voice like the one in the DVD. He then shot himself out of embarrassment.

Gunter then faced his trial and death sentence. Meanwhile, Albert got promoted and started his new hunt for criminals alone, in his next mysterious and adventurous journey...........

(1494 words excluding heading)

© Copyright 2014 Vaishnav (lord_vaishnav at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1984034-Centrifugal-Rush-Im-Anonymous