*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1986000-Pinky-Swear
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1986000
The boys and me got this secret...
The boys ducked down behind some tall shrubs that had grown in a circle creating a natural hidden fort of hemlock branches, picker bushes and a dying weeping willow. The leader stopped the others from entering by raising his arm like a toll gate.

“You have to swear to enter here.”

“Come on, you're holding things up.”

“Not until Jimmy swears himself to secrecy.”

“Swear if you’re knowing what’s good for you.” The complainer from the back of the pack added.

“The boys and me got this secret and if you want to hang with us older guys, you have to live by our rules.”

“Come on, this is taking too long. Just swear Jimmy and be done with it.”

“Mom and dad say that swearing is bad.”

“It ain't that kind of swearing, you dufus.” Bobby was growing inpatient.

“What other kind is there?”

“There's swearing like mom and dad talk about.”

“Yeah, the bad word list, Jimmy.”

“And then there's this thing called the pinky swear.”

“Pinky?”

“Yes, Pinky swear. We lock our pinky fingers and then promise, which is a different kind of swearing. You promise that you will not reveal any of our secrets.”

“Okay.”

“Pinky swear?”

“What happens if I tell?”

His older brother shook his head, “Death and destruction, Jimmy.”

Bobby dancing up and down smiled, showing several teeth missing. “Now?”

“Promise?”

“I promise I won't tell anyone.”

“Thank god.”

The boys entered the hidden circle and checking once over their shoulders to make sure they were alone, they unzipped and peed. A steady stream of urine washed its way through the dry soil and leaves. Once done they ran back out in to the park. Bobby walking past Jimmy patted his back and then let out, “ah, that's better”.
© Copyright 2014 Duane Engelhardt (dmengel54 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1986000-Pinky-Swear