*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1986017-Chronic-Daily-Migraines
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Health · #1986017
Chronic Daily Migraines almost impossible to treat.
Many people suffer from excruciating pain of a migraine every day.  They call them Chronic Daily Migraines and they are very hard to treat.  As one women says:

A Mom Feeling Guilty
"There isn't a single day that I'm not in severe pain from chronic daily migraines. I have suffered with the daily migraines for about 14 months now.  The pain is so severe it has put me in the hospital 5 times since in the last year and has prevented me from living a normal life.  I have had to put my whole life on hold and I feel like I'm such a burden to my husband and children.  I have been to 5 different neurologists and no one can give me any answers or medication that makes a long term difference. The last two I have been to just told me outright they did not know what else to do.  I had exhausted all medication protocols."

What these migraines doing to me in my life:
For the last 9 months I have had no break from them.  They never go away, they give me insomnia where I'm up for four to five days at a time and there is nothing that takes it away totally. There is always pain in my head, I can't see well anymore, I hardly drive at all. I'm always in the doctor's office, but they can only do so much. I'm not responding to the treatments and medication I take. I don't take narcotics but I take several medications to help.  They treat these migraines with antidepressants, blood pressure medications, anti-nausea medication and a strong dose of Benadryl.

Diamond Headache Center:
I finally got to go to a headache center in Chicago, The Diamond Center. They are so knowledgeable and I have gotten a bit of relief from what they have prescribed. I was at the Headache Center for two weeks the first time. Seemed they got them under control for a little while, then a month later I had to go back for two and a half weeks. Then the insurance company decided I had been there long enough and refused to pay anymore. When I got home, they just kept getting worse and worse. A month later I ended up back in the hospital again for 3 weeks the last time and again we think they found a combination that is working. The worst thing about this is I'm in bed all the time. I'm missing out on so much with my family. I miss my daughter's volleyball games, church and even going into the grocery store is a nightmare for me. I used to have a life. I used to volunteer at school, substitute and was always the mom they could call for anything but not anymore. They know they can't depend on me.

The nightmare:
Migraines can be a nightmare. There isn't a thing I can do about it. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. The only good thing about this all is I know God is using this to teach me something I just have no clue what it is. God will reveal it when the time is right, but I so wish my life back to normal.

© Copyright 2014 mrsrevjohnson (mrsrevjohnson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1986017-Chronic-Daily-Migraines