*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1986049-The-Hamilton-Motel---Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1986049
Hard rain...cold weather... lonely roads... What couldn't happen?
We reached the motel. The board in the front read, 'The Hamilton Motel'. It was an old and dull looking building. Not that I expected to find a fancy and cushy resort in the middle of Town Nowhere, Population: 0.

    As I stepped on to the wooden floor of the motel, I felt my foot stick in something. I looked down to see a gooey blue. I noticed that there were a lot of them on the floor.

    "Yuck! What is this stuff?" I muttered.

    "It feels so gross. Ugh!" Tyler complained.

    "Hey, stop complaining now, people. It's not like we have any other option." Dad hissed, and began walking to the reception.

    Mom, Tyler, Jimmy and I sat down on a couch in the lounge. I saw Jimmy bend and reach to touch the sticky blue gunk. I was also wondering what the goo felt like, though not desperate enough to touch and feel it. Dad was talking to the woman at the reception. I looked around. There were a few people in the lounge. Some were reading the newspapers, while the rest just stared at the floor, doing nothing. Everyone here -- guests and staff -- looked like they had stepped into the present from a 70's movie.
© Copyright 2014 Sam Taylor Williams (sampire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1986049-The-Hamilton-Motel---Part-2