*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1986825-A-simple-yet-complex-question
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Other · #1986825
My self exploration led me to this idiotic question. You can try answering!
I am a writer specializing in writing what is supposed to assist in understanding the inner self. My writing is experiential in nature. It is not in the normal mould, which you are accustomed to. Silly things like exhausting the stock of coffee powder and missing early morning coffee contains a spiritual lesson for me. I tend to term it as day-to-day spirituality.

Understanding the inner self is  important  for living a peaceful life. It is generally believed  understanding improves the self. Improving the self requires a lot of patience, thinking and, at times, striking a good number of compromises.

The thinking required to achieve my goals is of a different kind from what you are accustomed to. Actually, I try to achieve that by using what can be called as ‘thinking out of the box’ or what can be roughly worded as ‘thinking beyond the mind.” More of it has got to do with questioning the unquestionable and accepting the unacceptable. It generally leads to handling scary experiences. Hence, everything under the sun is very important to me. The best part about the importance of the issue is, it is always dependent on the situation under consideration. The ‘everything under the sun’ also includes courting difficult problems. These kinds of problems are generally not welcomed in the normal scenario. When you think differently, you are expected to court problems. People coming across such thinking are likely to be perplexed to such an extent that they will inadvertently contribute with all their might to create additional problems. Apart from that, you will land up with a large number of confusing questions for which you struggle to find the answers.

Take it from me, the minute you start thinking unconventionally or differently you land yourself in a multitude of problems. No one will want to hear you. No one will understand you, either. People are likely to make fun of you. You may even be labeled as a mad person. That is how the real self improvement happens to be most of the times. It is always a test by throwing yourself into the fire.  There is every chance of getting cooked in the process, as well. You will feel that the vultures are ready to eat you when you are fully cooked.

In the process of  cooking myself, I have come across several conundrums. These conundrums can be stated in the form of questions for which I am searching for answers, ever since. The search remains inconclusive and incomplete to this day. Let me proceed to present one of those questions to you now.

In this marvelous world of yours, the one subject which boggles my mind easily is mathematics. If the batch of classmates I had during my primary education is any indication, the percentage of people who belong in my category is rather very high in the current population of the world. You may not find any grown up person admitting to this fact easily. There are very few ‘radically honest’ persons living on the Earth. (I acknowledge the presence of a large number of honest persons, but radical honesty happens to be a totally different topic.) I am absolutely certain  about the craze for the gizmos which help directly or indirectly in solving mathematics related issues arises from this factor or hidden inferiority complexes in the minds of those people.  Let me admit up front, my mathematical skills are absolutely pathetic. To that extent, I am not really blessed by the Universe. You are sure to know about it by the time you finish reading this article.

I have been taught simple mathematics, arithmetic to be specific, to do some complex maneuvers using simple numbers. Adding two numbers and dividing a number with another happens to be a part of such maneuvers. These kinds of juggleries always boggled my mind because I could never understand the purpose behind learning those maneuvers. I never understood the calculations I was doing or why I was doing them. I cleared all my mathematics examinations with much difficulty. The only solace and helpful blessing from the Universe was my photographic memory, which helped me in getting through those super tough examinations.

Today as a grown up, I tend to shy away from transactions involving the use of computations. In fact, I make every attempt to run away from issues involving computations. How long can I run away?  The questions are haunting me to no end. There are many of them. There seems to be no point in running away from these questions any longer. My ‘out of the box thinking’ is prompting me to confront them head on. There is an urgent need to ask those questions in spite of being looked upon as complete idiot, or in other words a simpleton. As it is, being identified as an idiot may create another problem for me. I do not have a problem in handling it as a separate issue. I welcome being labeled as a simpleton without any hesitation or fear. You see, it looks like a certificate of achievement!

Let me start by asking two of those questions now.

Why is the sum of one plus one is always two?
Are there no other possible answers?

Please do not laugh at my idiocy. Usually, idiots do not deserve to be helped as one who tries to help them has to descend down to the mental level of the idiot to answer the question. Once in a while, attempting to descend down to the level of idiot can be a life changing experience, as well. Hence, there is a point to answering some idiot asking a stupid question. Please evaluate your need to answer the question, and, if prompted by your conscience, you can give it a try. I  thank you and appreciate your help in making me understand a little bit of mathematics by answering these questions.

A disclaimer: It can cause a lot of confusion in the mind of the person who seeks to answer this question. If you are an individual who hates confusion, you should avoid answering these questions at all costs. I wish you good luck.

PS: When the essay was written, I did not have the answers to the questions stated above. The Universe has shown me the extreme courtesy, which has enabled me to arrive at the answers, too.

Incidentally, it took a lot of research to find those logically correct answers to the questions stated above. The answers, to understand them properly, need a good deal of elaboration and can be explained by creating the right kind of mental scenarios. It takes at least a chapter in a book to explain this. One of my books titled Identify Your Calling.. deals with the answers to these questions. Mind you, all those answers are logical in nature, and you will not be able to counter them.

Please also note asking the right questions  is an art. Most of the right questions tend to be very simple and look very stupid. I have tried to explain the process of asking the right kind of stupid questions in my other book with the title Exact way of being Rich.

FYI :  I have also written a series of stories where the soul encounters the life. The book is  titled Travails of an innocent Soul. If you like to read that book, let me know(email : rogerblingham@gmail.com). I will provide you a link to download the book for free.

I have published some books too. They are available here:
1. Identify Your Calling(https://gumroad.com/l/nRTC)
2. Exact way of being Rich(http://gumroad.com/products/zSNL)
© Copyright 2014 RogerBlingham (rogerblingham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1986825-A-simple-yet-complex-question