*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1986898-WinterFall-2
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1986898
Second chapter of my short story. This story is a gift for two friends of mine.
Chapter 2:
The gathering

The gathering of the crops in preperation for the winter was a laborious task, but it had to be done to ensure the survival and wellbeing of both neighbouring towns. Once or twice throughout the lengthy gathering, Lady Presley had appeared amongst the peasants of the town to help with collection. This was seen as a mistake and she was punished for her decision. She saw this as an unfair treatment for merely helping those who needed it. Lord Andrew, however, didn't even think about helping the 'filthy swine of humanity' as he had titled them. He thought that as long as the peasants did their job, he had no use for them. Once Lord Andrew learnt of Lady Presley's insolence, he refused to be seen anywhere with her. This led to an uproar between the kingdoms.
"I don't care how this upsets the royal council's terms of marriage!" Presley yelled to her father, "How am I supposed to marry someone who has the complete opposite of interests?"
"I don't know but you must marry this boy, for the sake of the kingdoms!" Her father replied in an equally harsh manner, "You will marry Andrew even if I have to drag you there in chains!"
To this, Presley stormed out of the room, eyes swelling with tears.
"IF ALL YOU SEE ME AS IS A PERSON WHO HAS TO COMPLY WITH EVERYTHING SHE IS TOLD, THEN YOU HARDLY KNOW ME AT ALL!" Presley roared to her father.
As soon as the words had left her lips, she realised she had made a huge mistake. She just about managed to flee from her father's angered fists. Because of this, she felt as though she had no choice but to leave Munlik. She didn't know how long for, but one thing she did know was this: Her secret was begining to unearth.
© Copyright 2014 Hacktivist Jack (hacktivistjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1986898-WinterFall-2